I put together one of my “quick” stir fry’s last night while baking some biscuits for a Commonwealth Games Food Fair we are having at work this week, this Chorizo, Scallop and Kale Stir Fry.
I wanted to make something fast and tasty with not too much washing up, as my kitchen already resembled a biscuit making factory! So it was a case of grabbing a few things out of the freezer and fridge in order to put this together. It’s a meal for one but the ingredients could be increased in order to cater for more.
- Small Dish – approx. 25g chopped skinned chorizo and 1 chopped garlic clove
- Bowl 1 – 1 sliced pepper (red/orange or yellow)
- Bowl 2 – approximately 8 – 12 “mini” scallops
- Bowl 3 – 100g shredded curly kale
- Put wok on a gentle heat.
- Add the small dish of the chorizo and garlic clove and stir continuously to help the chorizo release its oil.
- Once oil from the chorizo is visible in the wok, and slightly smoking, add the sliced pepper.
- Continuously stir until the pepper is cooked to your liking, and chorizo is slightly browned, but not burnt, and remove all these ingredients back to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- If oil has evaporated completely from the wok then spray the wok 5 times with cooking spray, add the scallops and stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes, then remove back to a bowl.
- Add the shredded curly kale; stir fry for a couple of minutes. If the wok becomes dry again use a small amount of water (1 tbsp.) from the boiled kettle to steam the curly kale.
- Once the curly kale is cooked to your liking, add the peppers, chorizo and scallops back to the wok and stir fry all the ingredients together until warmed through.