This crème fraiche tagliatelle chicken recipe is a delicious fusion of chicken and vegetables cooked in low fat crème fraiche, which is substituted for cream. You won’t actually notice the difference in taste and your waistline will thank you too.
This crème fraiche tagliatelle chicken is easy to make, it’s only 445 calories and makes a perfect quick healthy midweek meal for four.
I think of this crème fraiche chicken tagliatelle as one of those meals where I can get everything I need from one quick stop at the supermarket on the way home from work!
It’s great that all of the chicken and vegetables go into one pan in this recipe too, which I don’t know about you, but I consider it a bonus if I’ve less washing up to do in the evenings!
Plus, whilst you’ve got your pasta cooking on the stove, at the same time you’re creating that rich and creamy crème fraiche sauce in which your vegetables and chicken happily simmer away, meaning this meal is a complete time saver.
This crème fraiche tagliatelle chicken is definitely one of those comforting recipes when only home cooking will do. A perfect end to a long day at work.
High in protein and providing a good assortment of your daily vitamins and minerals requirement too. You can be sure this crème fraiche tagliatelle chicken will not only satisfy those hungry mouths but it will provide a nutritional boost too.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinned chicken breasts about 600g – 700g worth, cubed
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 150 g baby button mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 chopped ripe vine tomatoes
- 80 g frozen sweetcorn
- 80 g frozen peas
- 250 g dried tagliatelle
- 200 ml low fat crème fraiche
- 30 g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley for garnishing
- Boil a kettle of water.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add the cubed chicken breasts and gently cook, stirring for about 6 – 8 minutes. Once cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the pan and sauté the onion, mushrooms and garlic until soft for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until soft for a further 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn and peas mix thoroughly together and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add your pasta to a suitable sized saucepan, pour over the boiled water, bring to the boil and allow it to simmer whilst you finish the rest of the chicken part.
- Stir the crème fraiche into the vegetables and when it starts to bubble, add the chicken back, stir in the grated parmesan and a little of the chopped parsley. Allow to simmer gently for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally whilst the pasta cooks.
- Once the pasta is al dente, drain and divide amongst 4 serving bowls, top each equally with the crème fraiche chicken mixture.
- Serve garnished with a little more chopped parsley and grated parmesan if required.
So that’s a delicious dinner for you. Why don’t you check back on Thursday for your pudding recipe? One that only takes 10 minutes to make! Or better still, subscribe! 🙂
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.