This low fat tzatziki dip is based on the classic Greek yogurt sauce. It’s ideal for dipping, spreading and as a compliment to salads. But, best of all this recipe is low calorie so unlike the original, it won’t be so hard on your waistline!
Hey folks, welcome again! This low fat tzatziki dip is the third in my series of four of my favourite dips.
The cucumber adds a real freshness to the creamy yogurt making it perfect for spring and summer outdoors feasting.
This versatile low fat tzatziki dip can also be served as a sauce, perfect with fish or grilled meat.
For a vegetarian option, I really do recommend this with my Chick Pea Burger recipe.
And, the longer you can leave it in the fridge to marinate, the more the delicious tangy taste of the garlic together with the cooling effects of the yogurt will come through!
- 250g no fat Greek style yogurt
- 1 – 2 inch piece of cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped mint
- Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt over the chopped cucumber, and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, using your hands, squeeze as much of the liquid as you can from the cucumber. Discard the liquid.
- Place the squeezed cucumber into a bowl and add the yogurt, crushed garlic and olive oil and mix together.
- Place the bowl, uncovered into the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving add the chopped mint and mix together.
All my recipes and conversions to U.S. measuring units can be found at my yummly page.
Let me know how you served this, or what you served this with in the comments below!
Next week I’ll publish my final low fat dip, Roasted Red Pepper, so please be sure to click “Follow” and enter your email address so you don’t miss that!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re following neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post and clicking “Subscribe” or by “following” me via your favourite social media channel below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.