No bake chocolate oatmeal bars. Just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to assemble then time in the fridge overnight and you’ll have these delicious treats ready for you to carve.
These no bake chocolate oatmeal bars are good – in fact, they’re too good!
And how do I know that? Well my cheeky little nieces loved them and I can tell you that’s a real seal of approval.
Lady Lynne took a batch of these no bake chocolate oatmeal bars over to my nieces when she was visiting them a couple of weekends ago.
Based on the same winning formula as my no bake almond oat bars with the addition of chocolate chips and still made with no refined or processed ingredients, these tasty morsels were soon being put through a set of rigorous tests.
Were they chewy and sweet enough? Yes!
Were they chocolatey and gooey enough? Yes!
Were they filling enough and just enough for a sweet treat? Yes!
No bake chocolate oatmeal bars, approved!
I think the easiest way to summarise just how good these no bake chocolate oatmeal bars are, is to give you top 10 reasons as to why I think you would love them too.
10 reasons to love these no bake chocolate oatmeal bars
- Only 5 ingredients needed
- Just 10 minutes to assemble
- No baking required
- All natural unprocessed ingredients
- They’re low in fat
- Each serving is only 247 calories
- Kids love them (proven!)
- You can store these in the fridge, sealed in a container for up to a week
- They’re freezable
- They are just so utterly delicious! 😉
I rest my case. 😀
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bars Summary Just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to assemble then time in the fridge overnight.
- 225 g smooth sugar free almond butter
- 300 g runny honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 300 g porridge oats
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8inch square baking tin with greaseproof / parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over a gentle heat, place the almond butter, honey and cinnamon. Then stirring constantly, allow these to melt and infuse together. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the oats and dark chocolate chips and combine the mixture well together.
- Put the combined sticky mixture into the lined baking tin and flatten it out all over by pressing down with the tips of your fingers making sure the bottom of the tin is evenly lined.
- Place the baking tin into the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge, lift out the hardened slab using the greaseproof paper onto a cutting board, and cut into 16 bars.
- Store in a fridge in an airtight container to keep as fresh as possible until time to eat.
Can be stored for up to one week in a sealed container in the fridge.
Can be frozen.
Let me know what you think about these no bake chocolate oatmeal bars in the comments below folks, thanks!
Next week, I’ll be back spiralizing again with a fantastic delicious new recipe to add to the spiralizer recipe collection. See you then!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
And thanks Amanda for our usual Thursday thinking out loud blog post sharing opportunity! 🙂