Delicious little low calorie sweet pecan nut biscuit bars. These are only 163 calories each and taste simply amazing. Absolutely perfect as a healthy little snack.
Welcome to Tuesday everyone! I hope you are all well and had a great weekend. Today’s recipe pecan nut biscuit bars is below. Thanks for all the emails and comments on my blog recipes and healthy living pages. I really appreciate your time in reading and engaging with me. 🙂
On driving home from work last night I was listening to a nutritionist being interviewed on Steve Wright’s afternoon show on Radio 2. The nutritionist gave valuable information, albeit a little confusing, in what percentages and grams of carbohydrates, protein and fats you should eat on a daily basis. However, I don’t recall her giving any kind of links to resources you can go to in order to follow up, or read more about these specific nutritional details.
I remember when I started out researching and reading the vast amount of information on the internet regarding healthy living I sometimes found it to be confusing and conflicting. That’s when I decided to find out exactly the right, recommended details for myself. Then it became a passion and I started studying it and gaining professional qualifications. I then took the steps to write about those specific details here on my blog and within my healthy living pages.
What I’m trying to say is that everything you need is written here, within my blog, regarding healthy living, daily nutrition needs, an exercise guide and lots of great recipes. My current professional qualifications I’m studying include Exercise Nutrition, Nutrition for Children and Adolescents, Sport Nutrition and a Nutrition, Health and Lifestyle course which begins in September. I update all details here continually to ensure I’m giving you the right guide and resource to follow.
So, book mark / favourite my site, tell your friends, share it on Facebook, write comments and questions or contact me email@example.com if there is anything I have written that you want to discuss further.
And breath! 🙂 So, here is today’s cheeky little recipe. Delicious little low calorie sweet pecan nut biscuit bars that simply taste mmmmm!!
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 55g butter
- 55g wholemeal flour
- 55g plain flour
- 1 tbsp. warm water
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 1 tbsp. Plain flour
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 90g chopped pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 180C Fan.
- With the low calorie cooking spray lightly spray a 30cm x 20cm shallow baking tin.
- In a large mixing, or stand mixer bowl cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add into the creamed butter mixture the wholemeal and plain flours with the water.
- Spread the mixture into the shallow baking tin, pressing it down lightly to ensure that it completely covers the bottom of the tin.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes until lightly browned and remove from the oven.
- In the large mixing, or stand mixer bowl beat together the eggs, plain flour, vanilla extract and salt.
- Stir in the chopped pecan nuts.
- Spread the topping mixture over the base, making sure it completely covers the base mixture and has an even spreading of the pecan nuts.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown but not burnt.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly then cut the biscuit bars into 12 equal sizes and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
At only 163 calories each, just one of these is perfect as a little treat with your morning coffee or preferred beverage. We should keep to a minimum anything that contains sugar, which is good advice, because it’s highly addictive! But this is pretty minimal provided you keep it to just one. 🙂