These quick healthy tuna burgers take hardly any time at all to make. They’re delicious and made with minimal ingredients too. Just tip the ingredients into a bowl, form the patties and you’re ready to cook this super low cost flavoursome dinner.
Quick healthy tuna burgers fit into all the categories I like to cover here at Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Not only are they healthy, easy, low in fat and freezable, but they’ll feed a family of 4 for less than £5!
- 2 in x 160g tins tuna spring water drained and flaked
- 80 g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Mix tuna, breadcrumbs, beaten egg, lemon juice and spring onions together in a bowl
- Using your hands, form 4 patties and place, covered in the fridge for one hour*
- Gently heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan. Place the patties into the pan and cook on each side for approximately 3 – 4 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve with iceberg lettuce, lemon slices and a little tartar sauce / low fat mayonnaise between wholemeal buns.
• You don’t have to place in the fridge for one hour, you can cook these immediately. I just find it helps the patties to bind together better.
Adaptable and Versatile Quick Healthy Tuna Burgers
Let me explain just what I mean by adaptable and versatile.
You see, these quick healthy tuna burgers are ideal for your BBQ too.
That is of course if you’re lucky enough to be able to BBQ!
Nope, Lady Lynne and I still haven’t been able to get the BBQ out once this year. 😮
Now, there’s been some days of good weather during the week where it’s been perfectly possible. But the last thing I want to do after a 9 hour day at work is haul the BBQ out of the garden shed!
So, we look forward to the weekend, with hope in our hearts. It could be this weekend for the annual BBQ. Please let it be this weekend…..
Alas, then of course it’s raining. Ha ha! 😆
But I’m not going to let the weather get me down.
This is why these quick healthy tuna burgers are adaptable and versatile. If you’re able to BBQ them outdoors, then great! It not, shallow fry then indoors, in just a little oil!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.