These quick healthy turkey burgers are not only tasty but they’re lower in fat and healthier than traditional beef ones. Ready in just 30 minutes they make a fantastic quick healthy meal.
Everyone loves burgers, especially kids. If you can get them started off earlier eating healthier versions like these quick healthy turkey burgers then you’re onto a winner. It’ll give them the basics for a good lifelong healthy diet.
Turkey meat is something I often cook with.
But, I feel turkey gets neglected and I’ve mentioned that before such as in my low fat summer turkey stew recipe.
For Lynne and I, especially as we are always watching our pennies, turkey makes an ideal alternative, to the more expensive meat cuts, like beef.
Plus, this quick healthy turkey burger recipe is much healthier than red meat and it’s just so delicious and simple to make!
This quick healthy turkey burger recipe gave me an ideal opportunity to get out my trusty George Forman grill. I remember as a student this was my one and only trusted cooking device! Ah such memories…… 😉
Now of course you don’t need one of those to make these tasty morsels, you can just use the grill.
When using your grill place a sheet of tin foil on top and your burger patties on top of that to cook. It helps keeps them together.
Also don’t worry about your burger patties being quite wet. The moisture helps the insides cook quickly!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Small red onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 500 g lean turkey mince
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1 egg beaten
- 100 g low fat cheddar cheese grated
- Heat the oil in a small pan and gently sauté the onion and garlic until soft, about 6 minutes. Set aside
- In a large bowl mix together the lean turkey mince, curry powder, coriander, beaten egg and 75g of the cheese then the softened onion and garlic.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 4 patties
- Grill on both sides on a George Forman grill or under a medium heat.
- Once the burgers are cooked through, sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over and either grill the cheese on top too, or serve as is.
- Serve on toasted burger buns with iceberg lettuce and sliced tomatoes on the bottom and chosen relish on top.
Folks, we will be back after our wee break to Glen Coe. If you follow me on Instagram I’ll try and post some pictures so as not to make you too jealous. 😉
Here’s a picture of buachaille etive mor taken 3 years ago when my friend Mike (that’s him in the picture) and I walked the West Highland Way from Fort William to Glasgow. This is the entrance to Glencoe. Magnificent eh?
Talking of Instagram, they featured my peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake recipe yesterday. I was absolutely jobsmacked and humbled. Let’s just say I’ve had my fair share of challenges so far this year, so that’s a highlight Lynne and I will be celebrating in style next week. 😀
Well it’s Thursday today and I like to link up with Amanda at Running with Spoons to share with you what’s going on over there (even if she is in Hawaii – jealous!!) so head on over!
Until then take care and thanks so much for keeping up with us, enjoy these quick healthy turkey burgers!
Your support has been, and is always awesome. 🙂
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.