Stir fried chicken and baby corn. Nice and easy done! Put together and cooked in less than half an hour, whilst providing you with a more than adequate daily portion of protein, enough carbs for energy, low in fat and low in calories too, so what more could you look for?
So you’ve got limited time or you really can’t be bothered spending time in your kitchen putting something healthy and nutritious together as a main meal, just for yourself. Well don’t compromise and reach for something unhealthy, this is the perfect stir fry for you!
Remember, stir fries are healthy when cooked with the minimal amount of necessary oils. This one only requires a couple of sprays of low fat spray to stop the chicken from sticking to the wok. Then the vegetables actually steam cook in their own juices with just the addition of the tablespoon of water. Watch not to overcook the chicken or the vegetables. You want the chicken to be perfectly moist and the vegetables to still retain their “crunchiness” and flavour.
[recipe title=”Stir Fried Chicken and Baby Corn” servings=”1″ cooking time= “30mins”]
1 tsp. cider vinegar
1 tsp. clear runny honey
1 tsp. light soy sauce
1 tsp. sunflower seeds
Freshly ground black pepper
Low fat cooking spray
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
4 – 5 baby corn cobs sliced into 4 lengthways
80g trimmed mange tout
1 nest of whole wheat noodles
1) Put all the sauce ingredients into one small dish and mix together well, season with black pepper.
2) In a separate saucepan add the noodles and cook according to packet instructions, then drain.
3) Spray a wok with 5 sprays of the low fat cooking spray, turn the heat underneath the wok to high, and then turn the heat down to medium.
4) Add the sliced chicken and stir fry, working quickly for 1 minute to prevent the chicken from sticking.
5) Add 1 tbsp. hot water, and then add the baby corn cobs and mange tout. Stir fry everything together for 5 minutes.
6) Add the sauce; stir fry for one further minute.
7) Check the chicken is cooked, and then serve the stir fry on the bed of whole wheat noodles.
Nutritional Info per serving:
Calories – 485
Carbs – 44g
Protein – 57g
Fat – 6g