This strawberry sunrise smoothie will give you that energy boost you need to help wake you up in the morning. Nutritious, delicious and packed full of vitamin C its sure to give you that extra glow!
When I can get my hands on good quality tasty fresh fruits, or maybe have surplus left in the fridge, I’ll look to see what kinds of interesting tastes and nutritional combinations I can put together for a smoothie.
Recently I had load of strawberries, and a pineapple leftover, and I came up with this, which I aptly named a strawberry sunrise smoothie.
It was a Saturday and I was making my Focaccia, so whilst the bread was proving and baking, I thought I would try out a few strawberry smoothie combinations and get my wife to “taste drive” them.
Thus our strawberry sunrise smoothie was made and quite delicious it is too!
High in potassium (helps to lower blood pressure), vitamin C (helps to protect against immune system deficiencies) and being an excellent source of dietary fibre this is one great smoothie to help you feel good from the inside out!
This strawberry sunrise smoothie will give you that energy boost you need to help wake you up in the morning!
- 200 g fresh strawberries
- 400 g fresh pineapple or tinned
- 1 ripe banana
- 100 ml apple juice
- 2 torn fresh mint leaves
- Remove the stalk and top from each strawberry and chop up into smaller pieces, if you bought a pineapple carefully remove all of the skin and hard bits and chop up into chunks. Remove the skin from the banana and slice it.
- Place the strawberries pieces, pineapple chunks and banana slices into a food processor.
- Add the apple juice, torn mint leave and blitz the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large jug and chill in the fridge a couple of hours
- When ready to serve, stir well pour into 2 glasses and serve immediately.
I recommend drinking this through a straw and it’s best straight from the fridge chilled. Enjoy!
Have you checked out my other growing smoothie recipes?
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.