This sweet potato goats cheese and couscous salad is delicious. It’s packed with protein, dietary fibre and makes a great quick healthy lunch. The really light olive oil and lemon juice marinade gives it a perfectly balanced light and fresh “zingy” taste.
Hey there Folks! After having an amazing week, last week, eating pretty much what we liked on holiday in Glencoe, I thought we’d better get back to our healthy during the week eating routine. So, this sweet potato goats cheese and couscous salad fits that requirement perfectly!
I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with indulging once in a while. After all, that’s what my whole blog is based on. The 80/20 rule.
It wasn’t that we ate badly last week either, just probably a little too much. Have you checked out the Glencoe holiday week photographs? 😀
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 50g couscous
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 100g baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 100g soft goats cheese, cubed
- 2 lemon wedges
- Cut the potatoes in half, put them in a pan and cover them with cold water. Bring the water to the boil, then turn the heat down and allow the potatoes to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. Then remove the potatoes, allow them to cool so they can be handled, peel them and cut them into cubes.
- In a bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice and some freshly ground pepper. Then add the potato cubes and coat them gently in the marinade. Put aside whilst you cook the couscous.
- Place the couscous in a saucepan with the vegetable stock and heat gently allowing the couscous to absorb all of the liquid. About 8 - 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl place the spinach leaves, sunflower seeds, marinated potato cubes with any remaining marinade and the cooked couscous and gently mix everything together.
- Divide the salad between 2 plates, sprinkle over the cubed goats cheese and serve with the lemon wedges.
This sweet potato, goats cheese and couscous salad is pretty quick and easy to make too. I couldn’t decide whether it should go into salads, either into the lunch category or dinner category of the recipes index.
Seeing as its pretty light to carry, easily transportable, I enjoy it as a packed lunch. So, it went into the lunch salads category!
So, not only was our holiday away in the Highlands perfect for food, but we were really lucky with the weather too. We managed plenty of walking and days out on the mountains. I’m currently getting through editing all the photographs I took to bring you the very best ones on Thursday. It’s a challenge to say the least! 😮
I got the good news when we were away too, that I have a temporary job (finally) starting soon, so that made the holiday even better. Just knowing that things financially wise were going to start to improve for Lynne and I was a real boost to say the least.
Anyway, I’d best get onto these photographs. Hope you enjoy this sweet potato goats cheese and couscous salad and I’ll catch up with you on Thursday! 🙂
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re following neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post and clicking “Subscribe” or by “following” me via your favourite social media channel below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.