This zucchini pasta cashew stir fry recipe is a quick, healthy and delicious meal. It’s vegetarian, gluten free and ideal for those on a low calorie diet!
So, here I am back with yet another fantastic spiralizer recipe. You’ll love this one. (I know I say that about all my spiralizer recipes, but you will!)
The crunchy cashews and zucchini just seem to belong together creating a unique taste sensation against a tangy lemon background flavour.
The spiralizer I got for Christmas has been out at least once every week since. I just seem to keep coming up with new ideas for recipes, like this zucchini pasta cashew stir fry that seem to work. Long may that continue!
Why choose Zucchini Pasta Cashew Stir Fry?
This is a fantastic filling and nutritious recipe for those of us on the run and needing to get something healthy to eat quick!
Cashew nuts provide the protein and are the “filling” element in this recipe. They’re an essential nutrient, necessary for multiple functions in our bodies. Normally in a traditional dish like this the protein would be found in the wheat from the traditional pasta. But here I’ve substituted wheat pasta with zucchini pasta, so the addition of the cashew nuts still provides that vital element.
This zucchini pasta cashew stir fry is high in iron and zinc too. These are necessary body requirements for keeping our blood cells healthy and our immune systems strong.
- 60g cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 180g broccoli broken into small florets
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 medium sized zucchini / courgettes, spiralized
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan
- Heat wok or frying pan, add cashew nuts and dry roast them, stirring often until golden, remove and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the wok or frying pan, and heat gently. Add the garlic and sliced onion and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes until soft.
- Add the broccoli and spring onions and stir fry for a further 4 to 5 minutes (add small drops of water if required to prevent sticking).
- Add the spiralized zucchini / courgette, lemon juice and roasted cashew nuts. Stir fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes until the zucchini / courgette is al dente.
- Serve topped with freshly chopped parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Folks, if you managed to read the previous banana almond overnight quinoa recipe published last Thursday, you’ll know that last weekend I was heading for a weekend in the hills.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who has a demanding job, but to be able to get into the car and drive away from work and all it’s challenges, to spend the day peacefully rambling about the stunning Scottish mountains and being in awe of that amazing scenery is something I don’t take for granted. I know I’m very lucky.
And so, it was a great weekend, an EPIC weekend……..catch up with me on Tuesday to check out those Braemar hillwalking weekend pics and a bit of a recap. In the meantime here’s a bit of a teaser with a little video I did. 🙂
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re following neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post and clicking “Subscribe” or by “following” me via your favourite social media channel below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
And thank you Amanda for thinking out loud! 🙂