Mackerel Beetroot Salad
Rich in essential healthy oils, vitamins and minerals, this suggested packed lunch option is perfect to keep you healthy and full.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
For the salad
- 250 g new salad potatoes cut into bite size chunks
- 140 g smoked mackerel strips skinned and chopped into 2cm pieces
- 100 g chopped mixed salad leaves
- 100 g cooked beetroot chopped
- 10 g pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ Tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to season
Cook the potatoes, for 20 – 25 minutes. Drain and cool.
Whilst the potatoes are cooking, chop and prepare the rest of the salad ingredients and place in a bowl.
Make the dressing by placing all the dressing ingredients into a jar and shaking well together.
Add the cooked, cooled potatoes to the bowl of salad, top with the dressing and combine well.
Divide between 2 plates / lunchboxes.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.5g | Protein: 18.6g | Fat: 19.3g | Saturated Fat: 3.7g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 127.6mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 4.9g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 40.4mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3.6mg