Mackerel Beetroot Salad
Rich in essential healthy oils, vitamins and minerals, this suggested packed lunch option is perfect to keep you healthy and full.
For the salad
- 250 g new salad potatoes cut into bite size chunks
- 140 g smoked mackerel strips skinned and chopped into 2cm pieces
- 100 g chopped mixed salad leaves
- 100 g cooked beetroot chopped
- 10 g pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ Tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to season
Cook the potatoes, for 20 – 25 minutes. Drain and cool.
Whilst the potatoes are cooking, chop and prepare the rest of the salad ingredients and place in a bowl.
Make the dressing by placing all the dressing ingredients into a jar and shaking well together.
Add the cooked, cooled potatoes to the bowl of salad, top with the dressing and combine well.
Divide between 2 plates / lunchboxes.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.5g | Protein: 18.6g | Fat: 19.3g | Saturated Fat: 3.7g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 127.6mg | Fiber: 5.1g | Sugar: 4.9g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 40.4mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3.6mg