Tuna, Pasta and Sweetcorn Salad
This tuna pasta and sweetcorn salad makes for a perfect quick healthy meal. Made with a low calorie dressing and packed with delicious fresh salad ingredients its also great as a packed lunch option too.
For the salad:-
- 150 g whole wheat pasta
- 2 Romaine / Cos lettuce’s chopped
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 can of drained tuna in spring water
- 8 cherry tomatoes quartered
- ½ red onion chopped finely
- 4 spring onions chopped finely
- 80 g sweetcorn
- 1 inch cucumber chopped finely chopped
For the low calorie dressing:-
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to season
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain.
Arrange the lettuce and celery on plates.
Put all of the dressing ingredients into a jar with a screw top lid and shake well.
Place the drained pasta and tuna along with the cherry tomatoes, red onion, spring onion, cooked sweetcorn and chopped cucumber in to a bowl, pour in the dressing and mix well.
Spoon the pasta mixture equally onto the 2 plates.
Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 81.3g | Protein: 32.3g | Fat: 7.9g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Cholesterol: 29.7mg | Sodium: 1518.8mg | Fiber: 5.3g | Sugar: 10.5g | Vitamin A: 1150IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 6.7mg