This tuna pasta and sweetcorn salad makes for a perfect quick healthy meal. Made with a low calorie dressing and packed with delicious fresh salad ingredients its also great as a packed lunch option too.
Tuna pasta and sweetcorn are a combination that I have always loved.
And, it used to be my go to meal that I would throw together after a long day at work.
It was quick to put together, tasty and filling.
However, it was overly heavy on the carbs, with too much pasta added, and as for the half bottle of full fat mayonnaise I used to add. Oh dear……..
Now, this is the new healthier tuna sweetcorn salad version I make.
I revamped my original tuna pasta recipe by adding a salad to it. And changing the dressing.
This has got less pasta in it than it used to have.
And there’s now a home-made low calorie dressing to go with this tuna pasta salad too!
You don’t have to throw out your favourite meals when you’re looking to pursue a healthier lifestyle.
You just need to make changes.
And that’s exactly what I did here with this healthy revamped tuna pasta and sweetcorn salad.
Tips For Making This Tuna Pasta Sweetcorn Salad
- For the sweetcorn I just defrost some frozen sweetcorn. Just thaw it out and drain it well before using it in the salad. Or use fresh cooked sweetcorn instead.
- If you can’t get spring onions you could use chopped fresh coriander instead.
- If you’re not eating this straight away you can keep it in the fridge, covered until ready to serve. It can be stored for up to 3 days.
- As an alternative to tuna you could easily substitute in some chopped chicken instead.
- To serve this a a family meal for 4 just double up all the quantities used.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Honey mustard turkey pasta salad uses a really simple dressing which adds a whole lot of flavour to the recipe and it’s one that is versatile enough for you to use in your own pasta salad recipes too!
- Chorizo and sweet potato salad is so easy to make. With a handful of ingredients and a simple dressing this healthy salad is great as a dinner or a side.
- Healthy macaroni salad recipe has all the flavours and creaminess that you would expect from the classic salad but it’s made with a lower calorie dressing.
Tuna Pasta and Sweetcorn Salad
This simple tuna pasta and sweetcorn salad could easily be a lunch time option or a dinner option.
It’s also ideal to have as a packed lunch. Add a little more pasta to it though, if it is lunchtime option.
And if its a dinner option, add more salad. That way you won’t still be trying to digest the pasta while you’re sleeping!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Tuna, Pasta and Sweetcorn Salad
For the salad:-
- 150 g whole wheat pasta
- 2 Romaine / Cos lettuce’s chopped
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 can of drained tuna in spring water
- 8 cherry tomatoes quartered
- ½ red onion chopped finely
- 4 spring onions chopped finely
- 80 g sweetcorn
- 1 inch cucumber chopped finely chopped
For the low calorie dressing:-
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to season
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain.
- Arrange the lettuce and celery on plates.
- Put all of the dressing ingredients into a jar with a screw top lid and shake well.
- Place the drained pasta and tuna along with the cherry tomatoes, red onion, spring onion, cooked sweetcorn and chopped cucumber in to a bowl, pour in the dressing and mix well.
- Spoon the pasta mixture equally onto the 2 plates.