About Neil’s Healthy Meals

Are you tired of never ending diets and trying to maintain a consistent weight along with a happy, healthy lifestyle? Then this blog is for you!

Here, we’re all about quick healthy meals, healthier recipes and an active lifestyle, based on the 80/20 way.

about-me-neil-lockierThe 80/20 way is a simple guide where less is more. You focus on 20% (less) of the activities that you do in life, which will provide the majority 80% (more) of your outputs and overall happiness.

When it comes to food, switch that 80/20 rule around. For 80% of the time focus on healthier food and maintain a regular exercise routine. Then you can indulge the other 20% on what you fancy, without any adverse effect on your weight or health.

I’m passionate about cooking and creating healthier recipes. Neil’s Healthy Meals is where I share those recipes with you, to hopefully inspire you to take up the 80/20 lifestyle too.

GreatScottishRun2014Lady Lynne (my wife 🙂 ) and I live in Glasgow, Scotland. We both have busy daily lives and full time jobs. Lynne works in recruitment and I’m an IT Programme Manager and part-time food blogger. Lynne, as site editor, fully taste tests and checks all the recipes before I publish them here.

Although I’m not a qualified dietitian, I am a certified Nutritionist in Weight Management and have further studied online nutrition courses. I use online resources to measure the nutritional components of my cooking, which I publish here along with every recipe I prepare for you.

Lynne and I live the 80/20 way by keeping as active as much as possible. We have our regular weekly exercise routines, and love walking / hill walking together as often as we can and when our Scottish weather lets us do so. 😉

Zanzibar Spice Tour Neil and Lynne

Lynne has inspired and encouraged me to write this blog.

It all started when we returned from a holiday a number of years ago. She mentioned lovingly that I didn’t seem happy with my sluggish lifestyle and perhaps re-joining a gym, changing my diet and re-focusing my life might be the transformation I needed.

And it worked!

I lost 2 stone in weight and when Lynne also joined me on the 80:20 journey, she lost 5 stone!! Since then we’ve been successfully living and breathing the 80/20 healthy lifestyle without any diet fads and it works for both of us. Not only in terms of our balanced weight and health, but also in living a minimalist lifestyle saving for our futures and travelling the world.

This is the continual story. We’d love you to read on, subscribe, and live it with us. 🙂

What you’ll find on Neil’s Healthy Meals

Recipes – clearly demonstrated, visual, printable recipes and each with a full nutritional and calorie breakdown.

The 80/20 Way – we explain all about our 80:20 way of life. What it is,  how we follow it, and how you can follow it too.

Healthy Living – learn the FACTS about nutrition and understand the components of the food and nutrients your body needs and doesn’t need.

Active Lifestyle – our exercise routines, fun and photographs of our walking / hill walking in Scotland, plus holidays and outings with our families and friends. Keeping active is all part of living the 80/20 lifestyle.

Contact Me – Please use this form to contact me directly. If you would like to discuss advertising, sponsoring a post, recipe development, or have any feedback or questions I’d love to hear from you!

If you like what you read and what you see, then please subscribe to receive a regular email update each time I post. 😀

We’re not here to tell you what to do, or to tell you how to lead your life. However if you’re unhappy with your weight and constant dieting, I assure you we were there once and we changed our lives for good by re-focusing and following the 80/20 way. It’s not a magic cure, just common sense, and it works.

Just as a final note, thank you for reading this! I need to put this bit down for legal reasons, please observe my disclaimer.

You can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.

About My Food Photography

If you would like to go through my food photography galleries, you can click on the links below. Food photography is something I’m constantly practising and I hope to improve my skills.

my healthy aperture gallery

 

my photos on tastespotting

 

my foodgawker gallery