Easy Thai green chicken curry. Packed with flavour and perfect as a simple midweek meal. This delicious family dinner is sure to satisfy everyone!
Folks, when it comes to a quick, easy and reasonably healthy curry after a long day at work look no further than this amazing Thai Green chicken curry!
This delicious green curry recipe is simple to make and takes just 30 minutes to cook.
My version here is made with a shop bought curry paste which I've added some extra ingredients to, just to "liven" it up a little.
However, if you do have the time then I recommend making this green curry paste. I've made it several times and its my favourite "go-to" homemade green curry paste recipe.
For this recipe it doesn't matter if its a shop bought paste or a home made paste. Just make sure it's a good quality paste if shop bought!
Most of my curry recipes are Indian.
However, today this one is based on the classic green curry from Thailand which is one of their most popular culinary exports.
There are many versions of green curry but the most popular one is usually chicken so that’s the one I’m making here.
Although this is my own version I've tried to use as many ingredients as possible true to those used in South East Asian curries.
For instance Kaffir Lime leaves. You should be able to get these from an Asian supermarket. They freeze well and I always have a batch in my freezer for curry making!
Sometimes green curry can be high in fat. I've lightened mine up here just by using a lighter coconut milk, less oil and more vegetables.
The dish combines chunks of chicken with vegetables, a broth of coconut milk, green curry paste and has an amazing deliciously aromatic creamy sweet taste!
Step By Step How To Make Thai Green Chicken Curry
- Heat the vegetable oil and add the curry paste. Sauté the paste over a medium heat for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stir until the oil surfaces.
- Add the chicken and Kaffir lime leaves and allow to simmer until the chicken is cooked.
- Stir in the fish sauce, green pepper, red pepper, and mushrooms. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lime juice and coriander leaves. Remove kaffir lime leaves and serve.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Chicken Curry Recipes You Might Also Like
- Easy chicken cashew curry is a delicious creamy and rich tasting curry. It's a mildly spiced family dinner. Great with rice or naan bread!
- Green chilli chicken curry is one lean mean dish. Lean as it’s lower in calories and fat than an average restaurant curry. Mean as you get bags of flavour from minimal ingredients!
- Chicken curry in a hurry is quick, delicious and packed full of taste. Healthy and on the table in under an hour it serves up to four.
- This easy chicken sharabi curry recipe shows you how to make a delicious chicken curry made with a kick of alcohol – in this case wine!
Easy Thai Green Chicken Curry Recipe
Although this recipe uses chicken you can make this meat free. You could easily omit the chicken and bulk it up with extra vegetables or swap the chicken for another protein of your choice. Turkey works equally well.
I recommend serving your easy Thai green curry with boiled or steamed basmati rice.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Thai Green Chicken Curry Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon green Thai curry paste
- 1 400 ml can of reduced fat coconut milk
- 500 g chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ green pepper sliced
- ½ red pepper sliced
- 100 g button mushrooms sliced
- Juice of ½ freshly squeezed lime
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves freshly chopped
- Gently heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan / casserole pot. Add the curry paste and sauté the Thai green curry paste over a medium heat for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Reduce the heat then gradually pour in the coconut milk. Stirring until the oil surfaces. About 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and kaffir lime leaves and allow to simmer for about 7 - 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked and no longer pink inside when cut in half.
- Once the chicken is cooked stir in the fish sauce, green pepper, red pepper, and mushrooms. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in lime juice and coriander leaves. Remove kaffir lime leaves.
- Serve with boiled or steamed basmati rice.