Green chilli chicken curry is one lean mean dish. Lean as it's lower in calories and fat than an average restaurant curry. Mean as you get bags of flavour from minimal ingredients!
With cumin, ginger and garam masala all combined together in this dish, you can be sure this green chilli chicken curry is one rich tasting and deep flavoursome curry!
I’d say this chicken with green chilli curry is somewhere in between mild and fairly hot.
After all it is a chilli curry and it can depend upon how hot your green chillies are!
I’m lucky as my brother grows loads of green chillies. This means I get his surplus chillies and can make lots of green chilli recipes!
In fact you can see them in the photographs here. I usually have plenty of them frozen in bags in the freezer on stand-by - they’re pretty hot!
When I check out the blog stats to see what you’re liking, and looking at, it’s pretty much curries near the top of the list!
And why not? With a curry you’re usually getting a pretty decent sized portion of your daily protein requirement.
93% of it with this one, and provided you’re minimalizing the oil and cutting out the heavy creams, you’re getting a pretty good nutritional deal too, especially more so if you compliment your curry with a little wholegrain rice and /or some veg .
There’s a few of you who have been in touch after making the previous curry recipe, chicken curry in a hurry, and I’m ecstatic and grateful of your positive reviews and comments. I’m always open to your suggestions and tweaks to compliment the dish further.
Anyway, hopefully you’ll enjoy this one, just as much.
Actually I was only just reminded that it was “National Curry Week” here in the U.K. LAST WEEK.
So really, I should have posted this green chilli chicken recipe last week to coincide with that. Oh well, it happens, you know?
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Chicken Curry Recipes You Might Also Like
- Easy chicken cashew curry is a delicious creamy and rich tasting curry. It's a mildly spiced family dinner. Great with rice or naan bread!
- This easy chicken sharabi curry recipe shows you how to make a delicious curry made with a kick of alcohol – in this case wine. This is an amazing curry made from spices, tomatoes and green chillies which combine to provide an altogether amazing fusion of flavours!
- Chicken curry in a hurry is quick, delicious and packed full of taste. On the table in under an hour it serves up to four. With plenty of healthy protein, it’s low in calories too.
- One pot chicken dhansak is a delicious home made lentil curry infused with spices that is so easy to make. Filling and providing a huge amount of your daily protein requirement it also comes in at only 437 calories too!
- Easy Thai green chicken curry. Packed with flavour and perfect as a simple midweek meal. This delicious family dinner is sure to satisfy everyone!
- This delicious easy chicken balti curry recipe takes just 15 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook.
Green Chilli Chicken Curry Recipe
Only put 2 green chillies in this green chilli chicken curry recipe if you want it to be less spicy!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Green Chilli Chicken Curry Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 400 g lean skinned chicken breasts diced
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium sized onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 2.5 tablespoon tomato puree
- 4 small green chillies with seeds remove if you prefer milder, chopped
- 100 ml warm water
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Place the diced chicken and green chilli paste in a bowl, mix together thoroughly, cover and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour prior to cooking. Whilst chicken is marinating in the fridge, make the curry sauce.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan, add the onions and cumin seeds and sauté together for 4 – 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, gram masala, turmeric and salt and sauté everything together for a further 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and chopped green chillies and cook everything together until the tomatoes are completely softened.
- Allow the cooked mixture to cool a little and then blitz in a food processor until you have a sauce consistency.
- Add the sauce back to the pan, add the water, turn the heat back on and bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Once simmering gently add the chicken and green chilli paste marinade and cook for 10 – 15 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked by cutting a piece in half to ensure it’s not still pink inside.
- Serve the curry garnished with the freshly chopped coriander.