Weeknight dinners just became quicker with this tasty cajun spiced chicken recipe. This is an easy to prepare meal. It’s made from basic kitchen cupboard spices and a mouth-watering pomegranate couscous accompaniment.
Folks, you’re going to love this Cajun spiced chicken with pomegranate couscous recipe. So don’t let the long name put you off!
Healthy, delicious, filling and best still, ready to be served in 30 minutes. What more do you need?
I mean don’t you love the versatility of chicken and what can go with it with?
Chicken is such an easy meat to prepare and can be turned into so many healthy dishes. Its low in fat/ calories and high in protein too.
Easy chicken meals like this make up what Lady Lynne and I have at least once or twice a week.
It’s like my cajun spiced oven baked chicken recipe, except this one is cooked in a grill pan.
These types of recipes make easy, quick and nutritious meals. They fit our busy, hectic weekdays so well.
Time is a huge factor in our lives. Or should I say the lack of it! When I make and serve simple meals like this, I’m thinking you’re in the same position? With a busy life or a family too?
Talking of family. The majority of all my recipes can be adjusted to suit the number catered for.
How do I know? Well, when I’m trialling my recipes, I “double up” my cooking of the dish. In case something should go wrong (perish the thought 😉 ).
For this Cajun Spiced Chicken with Pomegranate Couscous you may need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
I use my Jamie Oliver Small Platter White dish here in this recipe for serving and in many of my other recipes too.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Oven Baked Chicken Recipes You Might Also Like
- Oven baked lime chicken is a super easy 5 ingredient foil baked chicken recipe. This 30 minute delicious baked moist chicken recipe is a perfect weeknight quick healthy meal!
- Oven baked Moroccan spiced chicken is an easy 30 minutes foil baked chicken recipe which takes very little effort to make. There’s just 5 ingredients and 5 steps to having this quick healthy meal on the dinner table.
- Cajun spiced oven baked chicken is an easy low cost lean and tasty quick healthy meal. This time-saving recipe makes for an excellent lunch or dinner.
Weeknight dinners just became quicker with this tasty cajun spiced chicken recipe. An easy to prepare meal made from basic kitchen cupboard spices and a mouth-watering pomegranate couscous accompaniment!
Cajun Spiced Chicken with Pomegranate Couscous Recipe
Use some wholegrain rice with this Cajun spiced chicken instead of the couscous if you want. This also makes a great packed lunch option with a tomato salad.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Cajun Spiced Chicken with Pomegranate Couscous
Cajun Spiced Chicken:-
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- ½. tsp freshly ground black pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 150g each
- 1 pomegranate
- 120 ml vegetable stock
- 75 g couscous
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
Cajun Spiced Chicken:-
- Using a pestle and mortar, grind all the spices together to form a fine powder.
- Lightly coat the chicken breasts with the olive oil.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the fine spice powder and set aside.
- Cut the pomegranate in half, remove the seeds and separate the seeds from the white pith.
- Heat the vegetable stock in a small saucepan and bring it to the boil, then turn off the heat.
- Place the couscous in a bowl, pour over the stock and cover for 15 minutes.
- In a grill pan, cook the spice covered chicken breasts over a medium heat for about 12 minutes turning every 2 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous using a fork and mix with the pomegranate seeds and chopped coriander.
- Slice the chicken breasts, once cooked through, and arranged over the pomegranate couscous.
- Serve with a Greek yogurt.