Oven baked lime chicken is a super easy 5 ingredient foil baked chicken recipe. This 30 minute delicious baked moist chicken recipe is a perfect weeknight quick healthy meal!
Folks, are you on the lookout for an easy healthy recipe for dinner?
Great! Then look no further. This oven baked lime chicken breast recipe will fit that requirement perfectly!
This is a super quick foil baked chicken recipe perfect for dinner.
We marinate the chicken in lime juice. Which in turn makes the chicken tender and delicious.
What you end up with are tasty and succulent juicy baked chicken breasts.
And if you serve them with my suggested accompaniment of couscous, broccoli and lime wedges. It’s just a delicious combination!
I love my foil baked chicken recipes.
Taking a plain old chicken breast. Marinating it in juicy flavours. Then baking it in a foil parcel. And serving.
That’s it. There’s really just a few simple steps to a low cost, lean and tasty quick healthy meal for busy people.
Like you and I.
Recipes like this baked lime chicken dish are a staple in our household.
You see my other half likes to go to the gym in the evening after her work. She loves her spin and kettle bell classes.
Because some of the classes run at different times. Or she might choose to do a different class on an evening from the previous week. It’s not always possible to have a set dinner time for us.
But a recipe like this makes life easier.
My other half will text me when she’s leaving the gym. At that point I’ll put the oven on.
Then, she’ll text me when she’s 20 minutes away. I’ll pop the chicken breast parcels into the oven and get the couscous and broccoli ready. Whilst the chicken breasts are baking.
When my other half comes in. She has a quick shower and then dinner is served. Easy!
Steps to Make This Oven Baked Lime Chicken with Couscous and Broccoli
- It’s best if you can marinate the chicken for as long as possible. So ideally this would be done before you leave for work.
- Turn the oven on and put the oven tray inside.
- Get your chicken breasts wrapped in the foil parcels. Trim your brocolli.
- Place the chicken breasts parcels onto the heated tray.
- 10 minutes before the end of the chicken baking place 150g couscous in a bowl. Pour over 230ml boiling water and cover the bowl.
- Cook your broccoli. Take out your chicken once baked. Rest it for a few moments in the foil.
- Serve as per pictures with lime wedges.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
More Oven Baked Chicken Recipes You Might Enjoy!
- Oven baked Moroccan spiced chicken is an easy 30 minutes foil baked chicken recipe which takes very little effort to make. There’s just 5 ingredients and 5 steps to having this quick healthy meal on the dinner table.
- Cajun spiced oven baked chicken is an easy low cost lean and tasty quick healthy meal. This time-saving recipe makes for an excellent lunch or dinner.
- Weeknight dinners just became quicker with this tasty cajun spiced chicken recipe. This is an easy to prepare meal. It’s made from basic kitchen cupboard spices and a mouth-watering pomegranate couscous accompaniment.
- Oven baked mustard yogurt chicken is a delicious and easy to make dinner. With just 5 ingredients this recipe can be served up with salad or vegetables.
Oven Baked Lime Chicken Recipe
Not only is this a delicious lime baked chicken recipe but one you can choose your own accompaniments too. How about trying this with quinoa and other green vegetables like green beans?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Oven Baked Lime Chicken
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 2 chicken breasts skinless about 180g each
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- A few twists of freshly grated pepper
- Lime wedges to serve
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, toss to coat and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place a baking tray on the centre shelf of your oven and Preheat oven to 220C Fan.
- Cut two pieces of aluminium foil large enough to fold over and wrap around each chicken breast. Lightly grease one side of each piece of foil with some olive oil or cooking spray.
- When the chicken is ready to be cooked wrap the foil around the marinated chicken making parcels.
- Place the chicken parcels on the pre-heated oven tray and cook on the centre shelf for approximately 25 - 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with couscous, broccoli and lime wedges.