Oven baked Moroccan spiced chicken is an easy 30 minutes foil baked chicken recipe which takes very little effort to make. There’s just 5 ingredients and 5 steps to having this quick healthy meal on the dinner table.
I love recipes like this oven baked Moroccan spiced chicken.
If you’re like me and frequently working late then this easy chicken dinner is for you.
All you do is take a plain old chicken breast, marinate it in a combination of spices, bake it in a foil parcel and serve.
There’s little to prep AND there’s little washing up!
Not only is this baked Moroccan spiced chicken a super quick delicious meal, but it’s low calorie too.
It provides you with 77% of your recommended daily protein requirements.
This is one of those recipes you’ll want to keep at hand for all of the above reasons. That’s why I just had to share it with you!
The Inspiration For This Oven Baked Moroccan Spiced Chicken Recipe
The inspiration for this oven baked Moroccan spiced chicken recipe comes from a day trip to Tangiers, Morocco in May 2010.
Lady Lynne and I were on a weeks break staying at The Rock Hotel in Gibraltar.
Whilst touring the city, our lunch that day was an amazing combination of Moroccan vegetables with couscous and freshly bbq’d lamb skewers.
Now, those lamb skewers were amazing! A little bit too spicy for Lady Lynne, but just absolutely perfect for me.
I enjoyed every succulent and flavourful mouthful, especially because I had Lady Lynne’s too. Ha ha!
My oven baked Moroccan spiced chicken is a perfect replication of those spices I enjoyed that day in Tangiers!
However here in my recipe I have tempered the spices down a little in order to make it suitable for anyone.
And I’ve also made it with chicken and as a baked recipe, so it can be enjoyed by anyone and at any time.
One day I hope to go back to Tangiers to experience the original taste sensation, but for now this will suffice to keep those memories alive!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
My Other Oven Baked Chicken Recipes You Might Also Like
- Cajun spiced oven baked chicken is an easy low cost lean and tasty quick healthy meal. This time-saving recipe makes for an excellent lunch or dinner.
- Oven baked lime chicken is a super easy 5 ingredient foil baked chicken recipe. This 30 minute delicious baked moist chicken recipe is a perfect weeknight quick healthy meal!
- Weeknight dinners just became quicker with this tasty cajun spiced chicken with pomegranate couscous recipe. This is an easy to prepare meal. It’s made from basic kitchen cupboard spices.
Oven baked Moroccan spiced chicken is an easy 30 minutes foil baked chicken recipe which takes very little effort to make. Just 5 ingredients and 5 steps to having this quick healthy meal on the dinner table.
Oven Baked Moroccan Spiced Chicken Recipe
This oven baked Moroccan spiced chicken goes really well served with my pre-made home made ratatouille (as I’ve photographed here).
But you could easily serve this with some wholegrain rice or couscous and green vegetables like peas or green beans too.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Oven baked Moroccan spiced chicken is an easy 5 ingredients, 5 step 30-minute foil baked chicken recipe which seriously takes very little effort to make.
- 2 chicken breasts about 180g each
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the turmeric, curry powder, light soy sauce and extra virgin olive oil in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the chicken to the mixing bowl and cover the chicken in the marinate evenly. Pop into the fridge for one hour.
- Place a baking tray on the centre shelf of your oven and pre-heat to 220C Fan. Cut two pieces of aluminium foil large enough to fold over and wrap around each chicken breast. Lightly grease one side of each piece of foil with some olive oil or cooking spray.
- After one-hour, the chicken should have absorbed most of the marinate so wrap the foil around the marinated chicken making parcels.
- Place the chicken parcels on the pre-heated oven tray and put back into the oven on the centre shelf and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes carefully remove the parcels from the oven, cut the chicken (making sure it isn’t still pink inside) into slices and arrange over a bed of ratatouille with any remaining juices from the foil parcels poured over.