This healthy carrot and lentil soup is a simple, tasty and filling bowl of deliciousness! Vegan and gluten free, it takes just a few budget ingredients and spices to create this hearty quick healthy soup!
This carrot and lentil soup is one of my all time favourites!
It’s amazing what you can do with just a few simple vegetable ingredients.
Add a few cupboard spices and “hey presto” it’s transformed into a low cost, delicious, nutritious lunchtime staple
And one that tastes just great!
This low calorie carrot and lentil soup has only 212 calories per serving.
With plenty of vitamin A and C and a good helping of iron it’s vegan and gluten free too.
What is there not to like about this carrot and lentil Soup?
This carrot and lentil soup is one of my most favourite work packed lunches!
It’s just so tasty. If I’ve had a particularly hectic morning then this soup soon brings a smile back to my face.
I just normally top the soup off with a few coriander leaves. I like to keep it simple.
But you could add a little sour cream before serving for decadence if you like. Or some no fat Greek yogurt to keep it healthy.
However you choose to serve this soup, you will feel it filling you up very quickly!
For This Carrot Lentil Soup Recipe You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
The set includes 16, 18, 20 cm saucepans, 1 x 14 cm milk pan and 1 x 24 cm fry pan.
The pans are suitable for all hobs including induction.
They come with a 1-year guarantee which can be extended to a 10-year warranty when you register the product.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Delicious Healthy Soup Recipes For You To Try
- Tomato and green lentil soup is a really rich and satisfying meal in itself. And because it’s so filling, you can be sure that you’ll not be tempted to reach for any unhealthy snacks after a bowl of this amazing soup!
- Carrot and sweet potato soup recipe is delicious and simple to make. Vegan and gluten free it’s also low calorie and filling too. Dairy free, it’s a soup that gives you a warming hug just when you need it most!
- Easy Scottish lentil soup is the authentic healthy red lentil soup from Scotland. This simple soup is filling, comforting and perfect for cold weather days!
Watch the short video I made to show you how to make this delicious healthy carrot and lentil soup. It shows you how easy it really is!
Healthy Carrot and Lentil Soup Recipe
I recommend a couple of slices of wholemeal bread to go with your carrot and lentil soup.
You can make sure you mop up every last drop of deliciousness from your bowl!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Healthy Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Low Cal cooking spray or 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 190 g red split lentils
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp mild red chilli powder
- 1 L vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Coriander chopped
- Spray the bottom of a large saucepan, 5 times, with the low Cal cooking spray. Turn on the heat on high under the saucepan and wait until the oil bubbles, then turn down to a low heat. Or heat the olive oil
- Add the diced onion and soften it, stirring continuously for about 4 – 5 minutes, then add the diced carrots adding drops of hot water if the mixture becomes dry or begins to stick and continue to stir for a further 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the lentils, ground coriander, ground ginger, mild chilli powder and vegetable stock.
- Stir well, bring to the boil and turn down to simmer gently for 20 –25 minutes until all the mixture is completely softened. Remove from the heat.
- When the soup has cooled a little, blitz it in a blender / food processor and return to the pan, season to taste, garnish with the chopped coriander and then serve.