Simple spiced carrot soup. Vegan, gluten free and paleo. Easy to make, you’ll love this tasty inexpensive healthy bowl of deliciousness!
Simple spiced carrot soup just goes to show you what you can make from a bag of leftover carrots!
It proves that healthy eating doesn’t have to be a complicated or expensive.
Carrots are such a great health food too. One that we often take for granted.
Why This Simple Spiced Carrot Soup Is Good For You
There’s just so many benefits of eating this health food.
Didn’t your parents always tell you that you should eat your carrots because they help you see in the dark?
Believe it or not, there’s actually some truth in that. It turns out carrots really are good for your eyes! They contain beta-carotene, which the body is able to convert into vitamin A, an essential vitamin for healthy vision.
And just check out how much vitamin A you get from this carrot soup in the nutrition label below! 😀
They’re also a helpful food for weight loss. Nutrient rich and low on calories. For example, this simple spiced carrot soup is only 128 calories per portion!
So, let’s hear it for the humble carrot.
You’ll get six portions from this spicy carrot soup recipe and it’s just perfect for freezing. Go on, give your body a massive healthy boost with a nutritious simple carrot soup recipe like this!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Carrot Soup Recipes You Might Also Like
- Healthy carrot and lentil soup is a simple, tasty and filling bowl of deliciousness! Vegan and gluten free, it takes just a few budget ingredients and spices to create this hearty quick healthy soup!
- This healthy carrot and sweet potato soup recipe is delicious and simple to make. Vegan and gluten free it’s also low calorie and filling too.
- This deliciously smooth carrot ginger and mung bean soup is warm and satisfying. The combination of carrot and ginger works so well together and mung beans are so good for you.
Simple Spiced Carrot Soup Recipe
Not only is this soup extremely healthy and low calorie but you’ll find the smell of it whilst it’s cooking intoxicating!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Simple Spiced Carrot Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 700 g carrots peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1.25 L vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pan.
- Sauté the onions and garlic for approximately 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and spices and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer and allow to cook for approximately 25 – 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Blitz the vegetables in a blender or with a stick blender, to a liquid, return to the pan and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the freshly chopped coriander.