Carrot and quark quiche is a perfect low calorie quick healthy meal to make and share with family and friends. Great served cold as a light lunch or a hot dinner with vegetables or salad.
Whatever you choose this carrot and quark quiche is delicious to eat hot, or cold.
It’s great as a work packed lunch option and can be frozen too.
This carrot and quark quiche recipe uses a wholemeal pastry crust and fat free quark soft cheese
That means it’s much lower in fat and calories than a traditional quiche. But there’s no less taste!
This carrot and quark quiche recipe is vegetarian, a good source of protein and is low in carbs too. Nutritional information below is calculated based on one serving, 1/8 of the quiche.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Quiche Recipes You Might Also Like
- Tomato leek and mushroom quiche is a delicious and easy healthy vegetarian quiche recipe that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. Hot or cold!
- Cheesy tomato and kale quiche recipe makes 8 tasty slices. It’s ideal for lunch boxes and also a quick and easy dinner, perfect served with a salad.
Carrot and Quark Quiche Recipe
A really simple side salad of lettuce leaves, some chopped tomato, sliced radishes and cucumber accompany this carrot and quark quiche perfectly.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
This carrot and quark quiche is a perfect low calorie versatile dish to make and serve for family and friends.
- 225 g plain wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 110 g butter cut up into cubes at room temperature
- A little cold water
- 2 large eggs
- 250 g fat free quark
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large finely grated carrots
- 1 small finely sliced onion
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 30 g reduced fat mature cheddar cheese
- First make the pastry by sifting the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the butter using the tips of your fingers until fine breadcrumbs have formed.
- Use a round bladed knife to mix the mixture to stiff dough with a little cold water.
- Wrap the dough in Clingfilm and pop in the fridge whilst you make the quiche filling.
Preheat oven to 200C Fan. Grease a 12”/30cm quiche dish (use low fat cooking spray)
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs, quark and parmesan cheese. Then fold in the grated carrots, sliced onion and chopped parsley. Season to taste.
- The pastry should only need 10 minutes to chill in the fridge so it is easier to roll out, but leave it in for longer if required.
- Roll out the pastry to a thin thickness and size that is large enough to fill the quiche dish base and sides.
- Roll the pastry round the rolling pin to make it easier to get into the quiche dish, then cut any excess pastry from around the side of the quiche dish and use that to repair any cracks or tears that might have happened in moving the pastry to the dish.
- Fork the base of the pastry a few times, and then add the quiche mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the top and cook in the oven for approximately 30 minutes until the filling is set and the crust is lightly browned.
- Once the quiche is cooked it is easier to cut if left to cool, in its dish for 10 – 15 minutes.