Low fat banana peanut butter muffins. Delicious peanut butter with that sweet banana taste and a beautiful moist textured centre. Peanut butter and banana lovers will crave this recipe!
Healthy peanut butter banana muffins? Yes you’ve read that correctly!
When I saw a large bag of ripe bananas for sale in the reduced section of my local supermarket recently, my mind immediately began to think of what exactly I could do with such a bargain?
Then I remembered my low fat banana peanut butter muffins recipe.
Easy to make and made with just a handful of ingredients these muffins are a must for any peanut butter and banana lovers!
Why not check out my other low fat muffin recipes below!
These healthy banana muffins are extremely moist in the middle.
The sweet no fat cream cheese topping is a perfect accompaniment to enhance the overall flavour.
If you’re looking for a delicious sweet tasty snack without all the calories then you’ve come to the right place.
Each of these low fat muffins is only 184 calories!
How To Make Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a larger bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Spoon a little of the muffin mixture between 12 paper cases, enough to cover the bottom.
- Add the peanut butter, top with the rest of the muffin mixture and bake!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Muffin Recipes You Might Also Like
- Dark chocolate raspberry muffins are made with delicious fresh raspberries, teasing little pieces of dark chocolate and a sensational moist centre for only 200 calories each!
- Banana blueberry breakfast muffins. Say hello and good morning to these healthier, delicious breakfast muffins. Make your start to the day a good one!
- These gluten free chocolate and beetroot muffins have a deliciously moist and fluffy textured centre. They ooze with chocolate taste and are extremely simple to make.
Low Fat Banana and Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
Why not make these lower fat muffins your own?
It’s always fun to try out diffent variations of the filling and toppings. I’d love to hear what combinations you might come up with!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Low Fat Banana and Peanut Butter Muffins
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 75 g light brown soft unrefined cane sugar.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter
- 12 tsp x ½ . reduced fat peanut butter 1/2 tsp. per muffin
- 100 g fat free quark
- 1 tbsp and ½ . sifted icing sugar
- 1 tsp . lemon juice
- Lemon rind for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan) and line a 12 hole silicon muffin / fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- In a bowl sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- In a larger mixing bowl mix together oil, sugar, eggs, mashed bananas, vanilla extract and peanut butter until the mixture is thick.
- Add the flour mixture from the first bowl to the banana mixture and gradually fold all of the ingredients together.
- Spoon a little of the muffin mixture between the 12 paper cases. Just enough to cover the base of each of the cases.
- Add ½ tsp. peanut butter filling into the centre of the mixture in each of the 12 paper cases.
- Add the rest of the muffin mixture into each paper case.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes in the centre of an oven until risen and brown. Check the centre of one with a tooth pick to ensure it comes out clean.
- Transfer and cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled mix together the ingredients for the topping and spread over the top of each of the muffins.
- Garnish with a little lemon rind.