This low fat tzatziki dip is based on the classic Greek yogurt sauce. It’s ideal for dipping, spreading and as a compliment to salads. But, best of all this recipe is low calorie so unlike the original, it won’t be so hard on your waistline!
Hey folks, this low fat Tzatziki dip is the third in my series of four of my favourite dips.
This is my version of the classic Greek cucumber yogurt sauce or dip.
Dips and spreads can be calorie-heavy, but this version of Tzatziki definitely proves otherwise.
It’s a lightened up version that’s just as delicious as the full-fat version!
Why not check out my other low fat dips in the list below?
The cucumber adds a real freshness to the creamy yogurt.
Make sure you squeeze as much water as you can from the cucumbers to make the dip thicker.
This Tzatziki dip is perfect for spring and summer outdoors feasting.
It’s an ideal compliment to your BBQ, or just as a dipping sauce for your Crudités!
For This Tzatziki Dip You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Low Fat Dip Recipes You Might Also Like
- Low fat hummus dip has all the familiar Mediterranean flavours you would expect from the classic dip, except that it’s lower calorie and lower fat than the original.
- Low fat red pesto dip recipe is so quick and easy to make and ideal to share with friends. Healthy and delicious Mediterranean flavours will remind you of sun drenched days. Whatever the weather!
- Low fat roasted red pepper dip is made from a unique combination of healthy veggies which combine and marinate together to produce a rich and hearty taste. Your dinner party friends will be in awe at this flavoursome dip!
This low fat tzatziki dip is based on the classic Greek yogurt sauce. It's ideal for dipping, spreading and as a compliment to salads. But, best of all this recipe is low calorie so unlike the original, it won't be so hard on your waistline!
Low Fat Tzatziki Dip Recipe
This versatile low fat tzatziki dip can also be served as a sauce, perfect with fish or grilled meat.
The longer you can leave it in the fridge to marinate, the more the delicious tangy taste of the garlic together with the cooling effects of the yogurt will come through!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Low Fat Tzatziki Dip
- 250 g no fat Greek style yogurt
- 2 inch piece of cucumber , peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- Sprinkle a small amount of sea salt over the chopped cucumber, and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, using your hands, squeeze as much of the liquid as you can from the cucumber. Discard the liquid.
- Place the squeezed cucumber into a bowl and add the yogurt, crushed garlic and olive oil and mix together.
- Place the bowl, uncovered into the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving add the chopped mint and mix together.