These chocolate cranberry truffles are vegan, paleo and gluten free. This is a fun Christmas bake with a secret ingredient. And each truffle comes in at only 184 calories!
OK folks, did you jump straight down to the recipe below to see what the secret ingredient in these chocolate cranberry truffles is?
Or, did you get stuck drooling over the photographs first?. 🙂
Who would have thought that avocado would go so well with chocolate?
Yep. I know, adding avocado even surprised me when I stumbled upon similar recipes a couple of years ago!
I took a batch of these truffles into my work for colleagues to try out and I asked them to try and guess that "secret" ingredient. Only one of them guessed correctly.
But seriously because we're using avocado here it means being able to cut out just about all of the butter and oil!
We only need to use the barest amount of healthier coconut oil to help maintain a little softness within the truffles.
This is so they don't go rock hard when you keep them in the fridge!
Chocolate Cranberry Truffles On Christmas Day?
Now, of course you may wish to consume these easily home-made truffles as soon as you've made them.
You see they are SO rich, dark and chocolatey. I fully understand if they don't last that long.
If you do manage to save yourself from the temptation, may I suggest that these could make a fabulous ending to your Christmas day meal? Perfect with your coffee and not overly unhealthy at that?
Then of course later, after your Christmas day meal you might want to grab more of my obsession with cranberries, by topping up with my wholemeal cranberry scones.
But let's make these chocolate cranberry truffles first! 😉
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Cranberry Recipes You Might Also Like
- Wholemeal chocolate cranberry cookies are so delicious! Rich in chocolate taste, sweet with cranberries and with a chewy centre they’re a much healthier bake than traditional cookies too!
- Dark chocolate chip cranberry cookies are delicious sweet soft and chewy holiday treats. The combination of melted dark chocolate chips and sweet cranberries is irresistible!
- Cranberry banana muffins are not only delicious but they’re low in fat and low calorie too! Perfect as a snack or as a grab and go healthy breakfast they take just 20 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake.
Chocolate Cranberry Truffles Recipe
Not only are these chocolate cranberry truffles great for Christmas but they also make a perfect snack sized dessert!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chocolate Cranberry Truffles Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 15 g coconut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 ripe avocado
- 60 g dried cranberries
- Desiccated coconut
- Melt the chocolate and coconut butter over a low heat in a small saucepan. Once melted, stir in the vanilla extract and cocoa powder until combined into the liquid.
- Peel the avocado and remove the stone. Mash the avocado to a smooth consistency in a bowl.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the avocado, add the cranberries and mix together thoroughly.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for approximately one hour until the mixture has slightly hardened.
- Using a spoon, divide the mixture into 10 balls, roll each ball in the palm of your hands (will be messy – so ideal for children to do!), then roll the balls in the desiccated coconut.
- Store the chocolate cranberry truffles in the fridge in an air tight container.