Cranberry banana bread is a deliciously moist healthy addition to your baking list. I’m using dried cranberries as opposed to fresh cranberries meaning it’s not just for Christmas it’s for all year round!
Actually, it came about completely by accident. The using of the dried cranberries that is, because I couldn’t get actual fresh cranberries anywhere, when I started putting together this recipe.
I needn’t have worried that they might burn or go rock hard whilst baking because the wet batter mixture actually prevented that – happy days!
So, get stuck into this low calorie, low fat healthy non butter alternative cranberry banana bread. I think you’re going to love it!
As with my other banana bread recipe, this cranberry banana bread recipe makes 15 slices, which can easily be frozen, and individually removed from the freezer when required!
The good folks at my work have become my “guinea pigs” for recipes like this cranberry banana bread.
In the case of this bake, I simply left the box in the kitchen at work with a note of what it was, returning an hour later to find it all gone.
Now I think that’s testament to what they thought of this!
If you have any leftover cranberries after making this recipe then how about some chocolate cranberry truffles?
Lady Lynne and I are back. 🙂
Back from our African adventures. Back from what I can only describe as a holiday of a lifetime.
Now, I thought that our honeymoon, a safari in Kenya two years ago, was extra special, a holiday of a lifetime and it was.
But now this, actually trekking through a rainforest, in Uganda, a guide chopping down the way forward with a machete, to see one of the rarest creatures in the world…….what can I say……you decide…….
I took that little video standing only a few metres from that magnificent creature.
And, I’m looking forward to sharing more like that with you, in Vegan January.
I promise a re-cap of the highlights from our two weeks in Uganda and Zanzibar. I just need to whittle down the 300 photographs I took!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Cranberry Recipes You Might Also Like
- No bake cranberry flapjacks. Delicious chewy and packed full of healthy oats nuts, almond butter and cranberries. This easy recipe is minimum effort too!
- Wholemeal cranberry scones. If you love scones, you’ll love these delicious fruity ones. They’re such a delicious easy bake. Great for sharing with family and much healthier than those made just with white flour too!
- Cranberry banana muffins are not only delicious but they’re low in fat and low calorie too! Perfect as a snack or as a grab and go healthy breakfast they take just 20 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake.
Merry Christmas And Enjoy Your Cranberry Banana Bread!
Folks, in case you hadn’t noticed, its Christmas! Having only just returned home late last Friday, you’ll have to excuse me with just this one cranberry banana bread recipe post this week. Though it is a rather good one, even if I say so myself! 😉
There’s rather a lot to be done here in preparation for the arrival of my parents on Christmas Eve, and a sumptuous dinner on Christmas day to be prepared for.
Then Lynne and I will be sharing Boxing Day, and another festive feast assisted by me, at her parents in Greenock.
So, until next week, and hopefully the first batch of holiday photographs to bring you, prior to a whole raft of Vegan recipes for January, Lynne and I would like to wish you all a very healthy, happy and peaceful Christmas.
Hopefully which you will be sharing with your families and friends too. 🙂
Cranberry banana bread is a deliciously moist healthy addition to your baking list. I'm using dried cranberries as opposed to fresh cranberries meaning it's not just for Christmas it's for all year round!
Cranberry Banana Bread Recipe
You could also top this delicious cranberry bread recipe with a simple glaze.
Why not head on over to my cherry bakewell loaf cake recipe and use that simple topping!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Cranberry Banana Bread
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g caster sugar
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 4 medium sized ripe bananas
- 200 g no fat Greek yogurt
- 2 medium eggs whisked together
- 15 g coconut butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C fan and grease a 20cm x 12.5cm / 8” x 5” loaf tin.
- Put all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add and mix all the wet ingredients together, first by mashing the bananas, then by combining them with the yogurt, eggs, coconut butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and fold everything together into a batter with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf tin and bake in the centre of an oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the loaf has risen well and is golden brown. Check the centre is cooked by inserting a wooden skewer, which should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before removing from the tin and placing on a wire rack.
- Once cooled slice into 15 slices and keep in an air tight container.