Simple chicken and vegetable soup. Simple because it’s so easy to make. It’s just a hearty and satisfying family soup recipe. A quick healthy meal all in one!
Simple chicken and vegetable soup. Simple because it’s made with basic vegetables, a chicken breast and stock cubes.
I don’t know about you but it’s not every day I have the luxury of leftover chicken handy, when all I want to do is make some lovely healthy chicken soup!
Vegetables, well they’re easy to get but what if you’ve no leftover chicken?
So why wait until you do have that leftover chicken?
Just follow this easy recipe on how to make chicken and veg soup and you’ll get that good old fashioned, quick and simple delicious soup you’re longing for!
Here I’ve make it simple to create an easy chicken and vegetable soup WITHOUT the remains of a Sunday dinner!
One that you’ll most definitely want to add to your list of simple soup recipes!
Plus you can easily add your own selection of any vegetables you’ve got to use up too.
This chicken and vegetable soup is especially good served with warm crusty bread.
Winter – A Perfect Time For This Chicken And Vegetable Soup!
It’s here. Let me tell you that as I type this up, here in Glasgow, we’re currently being battered by Storm Clodagh and it’s a HOWLING gale outside.
I always have the radio on when I’m in the kitchen cooking and I’m hearing that the snow gates across Scotland are being shut.
So, you can see precisely why I’ll be tucking into a bowl of this fresh chicken soup today.
In fact the way things are going here, I’ll be tucking into this soup pretty much every day!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Vegetable Soup Recipes You Might Also Like
- Scottish vegetable soup is packed full of healthy seasonal veggies that combine together to produce a fantastic unique flavour. This delicious bowl of goodness will hug you from your head to your toes!
- Mediterranean vegetable soup is just 100 calories per serving and at the same time it’s full of flavour and extremely filling. This soup is a great aid to weight loss and will help you get right back in shape again!
- Scottish pearl barley vegetable soup is delicious and filling. This thick, comforting and easy soup recipe is packed full of flavour and hearty goodness!
Simple Chicken and Vegetable Soup Recipe
This chicken and vegetable soup is great served with some wholemeal bread or rolls and is easily freezable too.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Simple Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- 400 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 4 celery stalks sliced
- 1.5 l chicken stock
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped curly parsley for garnish optional
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and cook chicken breast for 25 to 30 minutes until no longer pink inside. Then remove and allow to cool.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking in the oven, prepare all the vegetables.
- When the chicken breast has cooled, using 2 forks shred the chicken.
- Place the shredded chicken, vegetables, garlic, stock and thyme in a large soup pot and turn on the heat underneath. Bring the soup to the boil and then turn down to simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until the vegetables are as soft as you prefer.
- Season to taste.
- Serve garnished with freshly chopped parsley.