Easy strawberry pavlova is my healthier version of the classic pavlova recipe. It’s really simple to make with only 4 ingredients, lower calorie and perfect for dinner parties.
This easy strawberry pavlova came about because I was looking for a simple dessert to make, which would require hardly any effort at all.
What could be better than a delicious and light meringue base topped with whipped cream and sweet strawberries?
It’s a great classic recipe to enjoy at any time of the year. More so if you can get fresh strawberries.
We love to have a delicious dessert like this classic strawberry Pavlova on a Sunday It’s is a great way to end the weekend!
My easy strawberry Pavlova is a pudding that wont take the whole weekend to make either!
Neither will it require a whole lot of ingredients and it’s also relatively light.
You’ll also find this strawberry dessert recipe perfect to serve to your guests at dinner parties. It’ll have them coming back for more!
This pavlova is so easy to make. It can be prepared well ahead.
Most of the time taken for the recipe is actually to bake it and then let it set in the fridge. Therefore you can get on with other things in the meantime!
I hope you enjoy this, my easy strawberry pavlova, as much as we did.
We virtually demolished it!
Tips For How To Make This Easy Strawberry Pavlova
- You will need to whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed. You can do this with a stand or hand mixer. You can use a handheld whisk but be prepared for a serious an arm workout!
- Stiff peaks are formed when the egg whites are whisked until peaks form. If unsure turn your bowl upside down and the whites shouldn’t fall out.
- In a traditional pavlova recipe, cornflour, vanilla essence and vinegar are added at the end of whisking. After the sugar has been added. I’ve ommited these as I’ve never felt pavlova needs them. But you can add in those ingredients in if you want.
- Meringue should be baked slowly. That gives the meringue time to bake and become crisp.
- Once the meringue is baked remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely before topping with your cream and strawberries.
For Making Your Own Home Made Easy Pavlova I Recommend….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Kitchen scale
- Stand mixer
- Baking tray
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knives
- Measuring jug
- Wooden spoon
This is the KitchenAid Stand Mixer I use. This KitchenAid heavy duty mixer is reliable, durable and efficient.
If you buy a KitchenAid stand mixer it’s likely it will last you for life. Mine has so far!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Easy Dessert Recipes You Might Also Like
- Easy rice pudding is a healthier take on the full fat classic recipe. This creamy, delicious and satisfying alternative tastes just as good as that original recipe but has less calories and fat!
- Easy no-bake mini egg Easter cheesecake is the perfect Easter cheesecake recipe! A delicious biscuit base topped with cream cheese and decorated with mini eggs. Kids and big kids alike will love this!
- Coffee cheesecake in 4 easy steps is a delicious no bake recipe. This simple dessert will satisfy both coffee and cheesecake lovers alike!
Easy Strawberry Pavlova Recipe
You can serve this immediately or keep it in the fridge for a couple of days maximum.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Strawberry Pavlova
- 4 large egg whites
- 200 g caster sugar.
- 200 ml reduced fat double/whipping cream.
- 200 g fresh halved strawberries.
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Use a large serving plate (25cm – 30cm) to draw a circle on a square sheet of greaseproof paper. The square sheet should be big enough to put on a baking tray. Spray the baking tray a few times so the greaseproof paper can be laid on the tray and will not slide off.
- With a stand mixer, or with an electric hand whisk, whisk the 4 egg whites in a bowl, at a high speed, gradually adding the caster sugar to form stiff white peaks. To test if the peaks are stiff enough, you should be able to hold the bowl upside down and the mixture stays in the bowl!
- Using a wooden spoon, carefully remove the mixture from the mixing bowl, to the circle, and spread it out within the circle using a plastic spatula.
- Place the baking tray with the mixture on, into the oven and bake for about 1 hour.
- Once the meringue base has hardened (check it by tapping it lightly to see if it is hollow) remove it from the oven to cool for 1 – 2 hours.
- With a stand mixer, or with an electric hand whisk, whisk the cream until it is thick.
- Once the meringue base has completely cooled spoon the cream on top and garnish with the strawberries.