Easy strawberry pavlova is my healthier version of the classic pavlova recipe. It’s really simple to make with only 4 ingredients, lower calorie and perfect for dinner parties.
This easy strawberry pavlova came about because I was looking for a pudding to make Lynne and I for the weekend.
I wanted a pudding that wouldn’t take the whole weekend to make, wouldn’t require a whole lot of ingredients and was also relatively light.
This strawberry pavlova recipe was ideal!
Because this is so easy to make it gave me time to experiment with a low fat version of Greek Pastitsio I’d had in my mind for a few weeks and had been wanting to put together.
I’ll post that in the next few days.
In the meantime I hope you enjoy this, my easy strawberry pavlova, as much as we did.
We virtually demolished it! So it’s back to the gym on Monday! 😉
Easy strawberry pavlova is a healthier version of the classic pavlova and is perfect for dinner parties.
- 4 large egg whites
- 200 g caster sugar.
- 200 ml reduced fat double/whipping cream.
- 200 g fresh halved strawberries.
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Use a large serving plate (25cm – 30cm) to draw a circle on a square sheet of greaseproof paper. The square sheet should be big enough to put on a baking tray. Spray the baking tray a few times so the greaseproof paper can be laid on the tray and will not slide off.
- With a stand mixer, or with an electric hand whisk, whisk the 4 egg whites in a bowl, at a high speed, gradually adding the caster sugar to form stiff white peaks. To test if the peaks are stiff enough, you should be able to hold the bowl upside down and the mixture stays in the bowl!
- Using a plastic spoon, carefully remove the mixture from the mixing bowl, to the circle, and spread it out within the circle using a plastic spatula.
- Place the baking tray with the mixture on, into the oven and bake for about 1 hour.
- Once the meringue base has hardened (check it by tapping it lightly to see if it is hollow) remove it from the oven to cool for 1 – 2 hours.
- With a stand mixer, or with an electric hand whisk, whisk the cream until it is thick.
- Once the meringue base has completely cooled spoon the cream on top and garnish with the strawberries.
You can serve this immediately or keep it in the fridge for a couple of days maximum.
As usual I’d love to hear any comments and / or feedback below!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.