Easy Strawberry Pavlova
This is a great, simple, sumptuous recipe. I’ve made it as healthy as I could without spoiling the taste.
I was looking for a pudding to make for the weekend, one that would last the whole weekend, that wouldn’t require a lot of ingredients, but was also relatively light and this was ideal.
Making this first allowed me to experiment with a low fat version of Greek Pastitsio that I have been putting together. I’ll post that in the next few days. In the meantime I hope you enjoy this, my Easy Strawberry Pavlova, as much as we did!
- 4 large egg whites
- 200g caster sugar.
- 200ml reduced fat double/whipping cream.
- 200g fresh halved strawberries.
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Use a large serving plate (25cm – 30cm) to draw a circle on a square sheet of greaseproof paper. The square sheet should be big enough to put on a baking tray. Spray the baking tray a few times so the greaseproof paper can be laid on the tray and will not slide off.
- With a stand mixer, or with an electric hand whisk, whisk the 4 egg whites in a bowl, at a high speed, gradually adding the caster sugar to form stiff white peaks. To test if the peaks are stiff enough, you should be able to hold the bowl upside down and the mixture stays in the bowl!
- Using a plastic spoon, carefully remove the mixture from the mixing bowl, to the circle, and spread it out within the circle using a plastic spatula.
- Place the baking tray with the mixture on, into the oven and bake for about 1 hour.
- Once the meringue base has hardened (check it by tapping it lightly to see if it is hollow) remove it from the oven to cool for 1 – 2 hours.
- With a stand mixer, or with an electric hand whisk, whisk the cream until it is thick.
- Once the meringue base has completely cooled spoon the cream on top and garnish with the strawberries.
You can serve immediately or keep in the fridge for a couple of days maximum. I also decorated mine with some chopped up fresh mint leaves that I had to hand.