Easy strawberry pavlova is my healthier version of the classic pavlova recipe. It’s really simple to make with only 4 ingredients, lower calorie and perfect for dinner parties.
This easy strawberry pavlova came about because I was looking for a pudding to make Lynne and I for the weekend.
We have one of those delicious desserts on a Sunday, which is a great way to end the weekend!
I wanted a pudding that wouldn’t take the whole weekend to make.
One that wouldn’t require a whole lot of ingredients and was also relatively light.
This strawberry pavlova recipe was ideal!
This pavlova is so easy to make.
Most of the time taken for the recipe is actually to bake it and then let it set in the fridge. Therefore you can get on with other things in the meantime!
For example it gave me time to experiment with a low fat version of Greek Pastitsio I’d had in my mind for a few weeks and had been wanting to put together.
I’ll post that in the next few days.
I hope you enjoy this, my easy strawberry pavlova, as much as we did.
We virtually demolished it! So it’s back to the gym on Monday! 😉
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Easy Dessert Recipes You Might Also Like
- Easy rice pudding is a healthier take on the full fat classic recipe. This creamy, delicious and satisfying alternative tastes just as good as that original recipe but has less calories and fat!
- Easy no-bake mini egg Easter cheesecake is the perfect Easter cheesecake recipe! A delicious biscuit base topped with cream cheese and decorated with mini eggs. Kids and big kids alike will love this!
- Coffee cheesecake in 4 easy steps is a delicious no bake recipe. This simple dessert will satisfy both coffee and cheesecake lovers alike!
Easy Strawberry Pavlova Recipe
You can serve this immediately or keep it in the fridge for a couple of days maximum.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Strawberry Pavlova
- 4 large egg whites
- 200 g caster sugar.
- 200 ml reduced fat double/whipping cream.
- 200 g fresh halved strawberries.
- Preheat oven to 150C
- Use a large serving plate (25cm – 30cm) to draw a circle on a square sheet of greaseproof paper. The square sheet should be big enough to put on a baking tray. Spray the baking tray a few times so the greaseproof paper can be laid on the tray and will not slide off.
- With a stand mixer, or with an electric hand whisk, whisk the 4 egg whites in a bowl, at a high speed, gradually adding the caster sugar to form stiff white peaks. To test if the peaks are stiff enough, you should be able to hold the bowl upside down and the mixture stays in the bowl!
- Using a plastic spoon, carefully remove the mixture from the mixing bowl, to the circle, and spread it out within the circle using a plastic spatula.
- Place the baking tray with the mixture on, into the oven and bake for about 1 hour.
- Once the meringue base has hardened (check it by tapping it lightly to see if it is hollow) remove it from the oven to cool for 1 – 2 hours.
- With a stand mixer, or with an electric hand whisk, whisk the cream until it is thick.
- Once the meringue base has completely cooled spoon the cream on top and garnish with the strawberries.