Tomato and courgette soup is a simple tasty and really easy to make soup. Nutritious and low cost you’ll want to add this to your quick healthy meals list, especially for lunch!
This tomato and courgette soup (or as my U.S. friends would know it, tomato and zucchini soup) was made from leftovers.
For this particular recipe I found I had some tinned tomatoes left over from another recipe so I threw a few things into a pot, blitzed them together and came up with this amazing soup!
Quick to make, and really light on the stomach too, it’s one I now make it a lot.
I reckon you might want to do the same too after tasting it.
Especially if you’re wondering what you can make with courgettes and tomatoes!Tasty and low cost this tomato and courgette soup should be on your soups to make list!Click To Tweet
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Add your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Tomato and Courgette Soup Recipe
Plus this tomato and courgette soup is so versatile. For instance, you could add other ingredients with the tomatoes and courgettes such as diced carrots to give it a different flavour or to add more bulk.
What other recipes for courgette soup can you come up with?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Tomato and courgette soup is a simple tasty and really easy to make soup.
- Low cal olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium sized onion , diced
- 2 medium sized courgettes (zucchini) , diced
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped basil or parsley
- Spray the bottom of a large pot, big enough to hold at least 2 litres liquid in total, 5 times, with the low cal olive oil spray. Turn on a high heat under the pot and wait until the oil bubbles, then turn down to a low heat.
- Add the onion and soften it. Stirring frequently and adding small amounts of hot water from a kettle if the onions begin to stick.
- Add the courgettes, stir again, and once the courgettes are soft, and before they begin to brown, add the tin of chopped tomatoes. Stir together and then add the tomato puree.
- Stir the mixture together for a couple of minutes and then add the vegetable stock.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer for approximately 25 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then puree with a blender.
- Return the pureed mixture to the pot and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with basil or parsley