Tomato and courgette soup is a simple tasty and really easy to make soup. Nutritious and low cost you’ll want to add this to your quick healthy meals list, especially for lunch!
Folks, this delicious tomato and courgette soup was made from leftovers.
Now, my U.S. friends might be more familiar with this soup known as tomato and zucchini soup or zucchini tomato soup.
But what’s the difference in the name of a vegetable between friends?
For this particular recipe I found I had some tinned tomatoes left over from another recipe. So I threw the tomatoes into a pot with a couple of courgettes, blitzed them together and came up with this amazing soup!
Quick to make, low calorie, healthy and really light on the stomach too, it’s one I now make A LOT.
I reckon you might want to do the same too after tasting it.
Especially if you’re wondering what you can make with courgettes and tomatoes!
Check out my other popular tomato soup recipes in the list below for more inspiration!
How To Make Tomato and Courgette Soup
- In a large pot spray the bottom with cooking oil spray or use 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the onion and sauté stirring frequently until the onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the courgettes (zucchini) again stir well and cook both together for a further 2 – 3 minutes until both are softenned.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, stir together and then add the tomato puree.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring the mixture to the boil, and then turn down to simmer on a low heat for approximately 25 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool then puree in batches in a blender.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with basil or parsley.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Tomato Soup Recipes You Might Also Like
Folks if you loved this soup and have already added it as one of your favourite recipes for courgette soup you might want to try out these soup recipes too!
- Simple skinny tomato soup. Low in calories, carbs, fat and cost. This soup is so full of tomato flavour it could make you reluctant to go back to ever buying tinned soup ever again!
- Tomato and green lentil soup is a really rich and satisfying meal in itself. And because it’s so filling, you can be sure that you’ll not be tempted to reach for any unhealthy snacks after a bowl of this amazing soup!
- Tomato and chickpea soup is a delicious and simple, comforting and soul-warming recipe. A low cost, budget saving soup. A great recipe that you’ll want to make over and over again!
Make sure you watch the short video I made to show you how to make this delicious tomato and courgette soup recipe. It shows you how easy it really is!
Tomato and Courgette Soup Recipe
Plus this tomato and courgette soup is so versatile. For instance, you could add other ingredients with the tomatoes and courgettes such as diced carrots to give it a different flavour or to add more bulk.
What other recipes for courgette soup can you come up with?
You can freeze this courgette soup. Allow it to cool first before dividing into portions and freezng in individual containers. If not freezing, this soup will keep for 2 to 3 days in a sealed container in your fridge.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Tomato and Courgette Soup
- Low cal olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium sized onion , diced
- 2 medium sized courgettes (zucchini) , diced
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped basil or parsley
- Spray the bottom of a large pot, big enough to hold at least 2 litres liquid in total, 5 times, with the low cal olive oil spray. Turn on a high heat under the pot and wait until the oil bubbles, then turn down to a low heat.
- Add the onion and soften it. Stirring frequently and adding small amounts of hot water from a kettle if the onions begin to stick.
- Add the courgettes, stir again, and once the courgettes are soft, and before they begin to brown, add the tin of chopped tomatoes. Stir together and then add the tomato puree.
- Stir the mixture together for a couple of minutes and then add the vegetable stock.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer for approximately 25 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then puree with a blender.
- Return the pureed mixture to the pot and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with basil or parsley