These grilled vegetable skewers can be made all year round. Easy to make and with a delicious tangy balsamic marinade they make a great quick healthy meal!
Folks, these tasty grilled vegetable skewers go a long way to helping you get your daily fix of essential vitamins and minerals!
Packed with tons of flavour, in this recipe I'm serving these rainbow veggies as a main course dinner.
However, they could easily be served up for lunch or a side dish to any meal too!
This is a completely vegan skewers recipe too.
My previous two skewers recipes were made with meat. Scroll down to see the links for those below.
So this meat free skewers dinner is perfect for those who do not eat meat or indeed for those who are looking to cut down on their meat consumption and perhaps follow a more healthy Mediterranean diet instead.
These are grilled vegetable skewers. Grilled indoors. There is no need to go and haul your BBQ out of your shed.
This I know will be good news to those of us who might have to dig our garden sheds out of a snow drift in winter!
However if you are handy with a spade, or are making these in summer they are also suitable for barbequing.
I've used an selection of vegetables which should be easy for you to get from your local supermarket at any time of the year.
However feel free to try out or substitute my suggested vegetables with others like yellow peppers, slices of aubergine or carrots.
The tangy balsamic marinade is also easy to make and made from scratch from basic kitchen store cupboard items.
That balsamic marinade is so simple but it makes these grilled vegetables skewers sing!
How To Prepare Vegetable Skewers
- If you’re using wooden skewers first soak them in warm water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Then place the marinade ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Add the prepared vegetables to the marinade and ensure they are well coated. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Thread the marinated vegetables onto the skewers in an equal pattern.
- How to grill vegetable skewers? Place the skewers on a rack on your grill pan. Put the pan under a hot grill about ¾ of the way from the top.
- How long to grill vegetable skewers? About 15 - 20 minutes. Make sure to turn the skewers at least every 4-5 minutes until cooked equally on all sides.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Skewer Recipes You Might Also Like
- Succulent and tender these Jack Daniel’s Tennessee honey BBQ chicken skewers are sure to be a winner at your next BBQ. This easy to make BBQ sauce marinade makes the chicken taste sweet and delicious!
- Honey mustard chicken skewers are so easy to make and tasty too. They’re grilled in just 25 minutes and are delicious served in wraps with a salad.
Grilled Vegetable Skewers Recipe
If you're wondering what to serve with vegetable skewers I suggest a light side salad.
We love our grilled vegetables stuffed inside pita breads. Simply cut a pita bread in half, pull each half open to form a pocket and fill with your delicious veggies. Yum!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Grilled Vegetable Skewers Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
For the Marinade: -
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper cut into squares
- 1 green pepper cut into squares
- 1 red onion cut into squares
- 1 courgette (zucchini), cut into ¼-inch slices
- If you’re using wooden skewers (6 are needed) soak them in warm water to prevent them from burning.
- Place the marinade ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Then add all the vegetables to the marinade and mix well together. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Thread the mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, peppers, onion and courgette slices onto 6 skewers.
- Place a sheet of aluminium foil on a grill pan*, then place the skewers on a rack in your grill pan and place the pan under a hot grill about ¾ of the way from the top.
- Turn the skewers at least every 4-5 minutes whilst grilling to ensure each side gets the same amount of cooking. Grill for 15 - 20 minutes.