Succulent and tender these Jack Daniel’s Tennessee honey BBQ chicken skewers are sure to be a winner at your next BBQ. This easy to make BBQ sauce marinade makes the chicken taste sweet and delicious!
This is a sponsored post. In collaboration with jackdanielsbbqsauces.com.
Folks, today I’m delighted to bring you these delicious Jack Daniel’s Tennessee honey BBQ chicken skewers.
These tasty skewers are really easy to make. And can be cooked outside on your BBQ. Or indoors under your grill.
They’re made with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Barbecue Glaze which is infused with the soft flavours of the popular Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Liqueur.
Because I’ve made the marinade with that glaze there’s just 4 ingredients in total required to make it.
The marinade itself is perfectly sweet and sticky with smooth hints of honey.
Not only is the marindate great with these chicken skewers but it’s excellent for ribs and chicken wings too or you could just use it as a dip with potato wedges or veggies.
Whatever you choose I’m pretty sure that this easy chicken skewers marinade recipe will become a favorite!
What an amazing summer we’ve been having here in the UK so far this year haven’t we folks?
Blue skies and warm weather just about every single day!
Usually it’s a case of “when will I be able to get the BBQ out, when is it not going to rain?”
This year it’s “I can’t put the BBQ away, what else can I cook on the BBQ?”
Even if you don’t have a BBQ folks you can still enjoy this Jack Daniel’s Tennessee honey BBQ chicken skewers recipe. I’ve adapted the recipe for cooking on your BBQ or on your grill too.
So you can easily make these chicken skewers all year round too. How good is that?
The Jack Daniel’s Barbecue Sauces are available nationwide from Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Asda and Waitrose. The Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey Barbecue Glaze that I used is available in Waitrose and Tesco.
The sauces are currently on offer in Tesco.
Why You’ll Love These Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey BBQ Chicken Skewers
- These chicken skewers are quick and easy to put together.
- You can either cook them on your BBQ or on your grill.
- The Jack Daniels sauce is virtually fat free with around 40 calories per typical 25g serving.
- The chicken skewers are great served with a salad or in wraps/pitta bread.
Finally folks, have I got a treat for you! On Thursday a brand new cheesecake recipe.
How about a slice of Cherry Bakewell Cheesecake to finish off your meal? Yes? OK then, be sure to join me then!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Add your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey BBQ Chicken Skewers Recipe
Why not try out the other sauces available from the Jack Daniel’s BBQ sauce range and try making your own marinades?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Succulent and tender. These Jack Daniel's Tennessee honey BBQ chicken skewers are sure to be a winner at your next BBQ. This easy to make BBQ sauce marinade makes the chicken taste sweet and delicious!
- 100 ml Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey Barbeque Glaze
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- 60 ml water
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into bite sized slices
- 1 medium courgette cut into 1cm rings
- 1 tbsp coriander chopped
- Place the marinade ingredients into a jar and shake well.
- If you’re using wooden skewers (4 are needed) soak them in warm water to prevent them from burning.
- Place the chicken into a bowl. Add the marinade and then massage into the chicken using your hands. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour (although overnight is better).
- First thread a piece of chicken onto a skewer then a chunk of red pepper then a slice of red onion and then a chunk of courgette then another piece of chicken. Do this 3 more times in this skewer and then repeat this process on the other 3 skewers. Thread any remaining chicken or vegetables on at the end so none goes to waste.
- Brush each of the skewers with the remaining marinade.
- If cooking on your BBQ, ensure the rack isn’t too close to the flame.
- If cooking under a grill, place a sheet of aluminium foil on a grill pan. Then place the skewers on the rack and place the pan under a hot grill about ¾ of the way from the top.
- Turn the skewers at least every 5 minutes whilst cooking to ensure each side gets the same amount of cooking. Cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Before serving check the chicken is cooked by cutting a piece in half to ensure it’s no longer pink in the middle.
- Garnish with the freshly chopped coriander and serve with a salad or in wraps/pitta bread