These honey mustard chicken skewers are so easy to make and tasty too. They’re grilled in just 25 minutes and are delicious served in wraps with a salad.
Honey mustard chicken skewers are perfect for an indoor BBQ!
Succulent pieces of tender grilled chicken marinated in a beautiful sweet and delicately spiced honey mustard sauce. What’s not to like?
Plus, this is a really simple meal to prepare.
You marinate the chicken the night before (recommended, although you can marinate for less time) so you’ve got something really quick to grill for your dinner that night.
Then just serve in wraps with a simple crispy iceberg lettuce salad with cucumber and tomatoes.
Quick healthy meals that’s what I’m all about and this honey mustard chicken skewers recipe is no exception.
Now, this is how we usually do a Scottish BBQ. By grilling. Indoors. Because it frequently rains!
How To Cook Honey Mustard Chicken Skewers
You’ll need 4 pre-soaked wooden skewers (if using wooden skewers) to ensure they don’t burn whilst you’re grilling them.
First thread a piece of marinated chicken onto a skewer then a chunk of red pepper then a slice of onion and then a chunk of green pepper then another piece of chicken.
Repeat this process 3 more times on the first skewer and then repeat this process on the other 3 skewers.
Thread any remaining chicken or vegetables on at the end so none goes to waste
Ensure that when you place your honey mustard chicken skewers on your grill pan you place a sheet of aluminium foil underneath.
This helps to reflect the heat through and also means less mess at the end for when you’re cleaning up in your grill pan!
When placing your grill pan under the grill make sure you don’t grill the chicken skewers too near the top of the grill.
This avoids burning the chicken. Turn the chicken skewers regularly to ensure the chicken and vegetables are cooked through evenly.
They just need to be grilled for approximately 20 to 25 minutes until the chicken is browned a little.
You want them that way and not burnt, just tender and juicy.
Of course, to be sure that the chicken is cooked take a piece off and split it in half to check it isn’t still pink inside.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Recipes Using Skewers You Might Also Like
- These grilled vegetable skewers can be made all year round. Easy to make and with a delicious tangy balsamic marinade they make a great quick healthy meal!
- Succulent and tender these Jack Daniel’s Tennessee honey BBQ chicken skewers are sure to be a winner at your next BBQ. This easy to make BBQ sauce marinade makes the chicken taste sweet and delicious!
- Delicious chicken tikka wraps are quick and easy to make. This healthy recipe uses yogurt to make the tandoori sauce and the chicken is grilled.
Honey Mustard Chicken Skewers Recipe
Now, if anyone manages to cook these chicken skewers on an outdoor BBQ, then please update in the comments below as to whether or not these honey mustard chicken skewers turn out as tasty as they do when grilled.
I don’t see why they shouldn’t turn out just as tasty when BBQ’d, I just wouldn’t want to say as I like to have everything tested and checked for you folks first!
Or, who knows, maybe one day with luck I’ll be updating this recipe to say we have also managed to cook these on the BBQ and they turned out just great!
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Honey Mustard Chicken Skewers
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
Honey Mustard Marinade:
- 100 ml no fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 green bell pepper cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 onion peeled and cut into bite sized slices
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- If you’re using wooden skewers (4 are needed) soak them in warm water to prevent them from burning.
- Place the honey mustard marinade ingredients into a jar and shake well.
- Place the chicken into a bowl and spoon the marinade over the chicken and then massage into the chicken using your hands. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour (although overnight is better).
- First thread a piece of chicken onto a skewer then a chunk of red pepper then a slice of onion and then a chunk of green pepper then another piece of chicken. Do this 3 more times in this skewer and then repeat this process on the other 3 skewers. Thread any remaining chicken or vegetables on at the end so none goes to waste.
- Place a sheet of aluminium foil on a grill pan, then place the skewers on the rack and place the pan under a hot grill about ¾ of the way from the top.
- Turn the skewers at least every 5 minutes whilst grilling to ensure each side gets the same amount of cooking. Grill for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Before serving check the chicken is cooked by cutting a piece in half to ensure it’s no longer pink in the middle.