This cabbage and radish slaw is a wonderfully quick, freshly tasting and healthy side dish to go with your BBQ’s and salads! At only 62 calories a serving, there’s no guilt with piling this high on your plate!
This cabbage and radish slaw came about on receiving an abundance of beautiful freshly grown garden radishes from my brother.
The low fat dressing is made lighter by using half yogurt combined with reduced fat mayonnaise and spiced up with just a little cider vinegar.
I didn’t want an over-powering dressing to take away the magical crunchy texture and fresh taste of the radishes here, so I made, and used, as little dressing as possible.
You might want to make more of the dressing depending on your taste buds, or the amount of cabbage and radish slaw you’re making! The recipe is pretty versatile.
As a fresh root vegetable, radishes are a great source of vitamin C, contain next to no cholesterol, are low in fat and contribute towards your daily dietary fibre requirement, as well as your 5 a day!
Not only that, they contain an anti-oxidant compound called sulforaphane.
Studies suggest that sulforaphane has a proven role against prostate, breast, colon and ovarian cancers by virtue of its cancer-cell growth inhibition, and cyto-toxic effects on cancer cells.
This cabbage and radish slaw recipe wasn’t on the planner. In fact it never existed at all, it just came about.
Spontaneity! Whoa, steady there Neil, you’re rocking the boat a bit!
No, but seriously I’ve been taking a container of this to work every day this week and spooning the slaw into wholemeal pitta breads for my lunch – so tasty!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Side Dish Recipes You Might Also Like
- Creamy kale coleslaw with apple is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional coleslaw. Plus it’s perfect at any time of the year!
- Easy healthier coleslaw is the perfect side for your BBQ’s and salads. Made with a lower calorie dressing this creamy coleslaw serves up to 8 people.
- Carrot and raisin coleslaw is such an easy recipe to put together. It takes just 10 minutes to make this delicious creamy coleslaw and it’s healthier than shop bought too!
This cabbage and radish slaw is a wonderfully quick, freshly tasting and healthy side dish to go with your BBQ’s and salads! At only 62 calories a serving, there's no guilt with piling this high on your plate!
Cabbage and Radish Slaw Recipe
Top your burger with spoonfuls of this delicious and healthy cabbage and radish coleslaw instead of tomato sauce!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Cabbage and Radish Slaw
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- ¼ small white cabbage , finely sliced
- 8 small radishes , finely sliced
- ½ tsp poppy seeds
For the dressing:-
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp no fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- If you have a food processor with a thin cutting blade, you can slice the cabbage and radishes using that. I find this is the quickest easiest way.
- Place sliced cabbage, radishes and poppy seeds in a large bowl.
- Place dressing ingredients into a large jar put the lid on and shake well.
- Add the dressing to the contents of the bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Remove the slaw to an airtight container with a lid and store in the fridge until required.