Easy leftover salmon salad recipe. Use that extra salmon or quickly poach salmon fillets to create this delicious 15 minute salad!
This leftover salmon salad recipe makes a quick and delicious easy meal for two.
Let's say you bought a large pack of salmon fillets and made my salmon macaroni salad already.
You're wondering what to do with those other leftover salmon fillets?
Well you could easily poach / grill all those salmon fillets at the same time and use up the leftover cooked salmon fillets for this perfect recipe.
You could have the salmon pasta salad for dinner.
Then enjoy this leftover salmon salad recipe for an easy lunch the next day!
This is such an easy recipe to make. And a great one to add to your list of favorite salmon recipes.
The addition of the light dressing makes it into a creamy salmon salad with a tangy crispy bite from the radishes and red onions to tantalise the taste buds.
Not only that it's a great healthy salad. Salmon is extremely healthy containing healthy fats such as omega-3 fatty acids.
Plus there's the green beans which are Green beans are high in vitamin K.
There's just 5 quick steps to make this delicious healthy salmon salad.
Just simply follow the step-by-step instructions listed below for this easy salmon recipe.
I've also suggested alternative salad ingredients in the list of substitutions below.
But you can pretty much choose any salad ingredients you like to make this salad in many different ways.
Why not check out the list below of other leftover salmon recipes to try?
- Red Onion
- Green Beans
- Low Calorie Mayonnaise
- Low Fat Greek Yogurt
- Cooked Salmon
- Freshly Ground Salt And Black Pepper
- Iceberg Lettuce
See recipe card for quantities.
Detailed instructions are in the recipe card below. But here is a quick step by step guide of how to make this simple salmon salad:
- Place the onion, green beans and radishes into a mixing bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, Greek yogurt and capers together.
- Add creamy dressing mayonnaise mixture to mixing bowl and combine well together.
- Add salmon to bowl. Combine together well. Season to taste.
- Serve salmon salad on a bed of crispy shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Red Onion - Green onions are fine but red onions are best for their crispy sharp taste.
- Green Beans - you could use chopped cooked broccoli instead.
- Radishes - you could use thinly sliced raw carrots instead.
- Low Calorie Mayonnaise - ordinary mayonnaise is fine but will alter the nutritional benefits.
- Low Fat Greek Yogurt - you can use plain yogurt.
- Cooked Salmon - poached salmon is best. You could buy pre-cooked salmon or smoked salmon fillets from your local supermarket.
- Freshly Ground Salt And Black Pepper
- Iceberg Lettuce - you can use any green salad lettuce leaves you choose.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
What's Can I Use Instead Of Salmon?
Although this is a salmon salad you could use leftover roast chicken instead or tuna for a tuna salad. For a vegetarian option you could use leftover potatoes or hard boiled eggs too.
Can You Eat Leftover Salmon The Next Day?
Yes. Salmon lasts for about 3 days stored in the fridge once it has been cooked.
Do I Need To Reheat The Salmon Again?
No you do not need to reheat the salmon again. Once it is cooked you can eat it for up to 3 days.
How Long Can You Keep Salmon Salad In The Fridge?
You can keep salmon salad in the fridge for 2 - 3 days stored in an airtight container.
More Salmon Recipes For You To Try
📋 Leftover Salmon Salad Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- 100 g cooked green beans cooled, and chopped
- 4 radishes sliced
- 1 tablespoon low calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon capers rinsed
- 200 g cooked salmon flaked
- Freshly Grated Salt and Black Pepper
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Place the onion, green beans, and radishes into a mixing bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, and capers together in a ramekin.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to mixing bowl and toss together.
- Add the salmon to the mixing bowl and gently toss together with the rest of the ingredients to combine. Season to taste.
- Serve salad on bed of iceberg lettuce.
Nutritional information provided below is calculated using paid for online tools and the exact ingredients and quantities used above.
Rate The Recipe
If you’ve made this easy leftover salmon salad recipe, or any other recipes on Neil's Healthy Meals, then please let me know.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂