Salmon macaroni salad is an easy and delicious to make fish pasta salad recipe. Made in just 20 minutes it serves four and is perfect as a lunch or dinner option!
Quick healthy pasta salads like this salmon macaroni salad are perfect for this time of year!
Just like my quick tuna macaroni salad this has a lower calorie, lower fat dressing and involves minimal cooking.
You could make this as a healthy main dish or as a lunch option.
It's also a perfect as a packed lunch and it doesn't require any heating up either.
And if you're looking for a delicious creamy salmon salad recipe without pasta then why not try my leftover salmon salad recipe?
Apart from the salmon fillets all of the other ingredients used in this salmon macaroni salad are basic kitchen cupboard or freezer staples.
I used macaroni pasta but you could easily substitute that with whatever pasta you have to hand.
If you don't have any red onion you can use white onion instead.
Frozen peas can easily be substituted with frozen sweetcorn or any other suitable leftover vegetables you might have to use up.
In fact you could basically put whatever ingredients you like into a big bowl with the cooked flaked salmon and the dressing and it would taste absolutely amazing!
I like to use chopped red onion and fresh red pepper because they both add an amazing crunch.
You'll find this salmon macaroni salad tastes so much fresher than shop bought.
That's because with shop bought there's usually so much full fat dressing that it completely obscures the taste of the salad itself!
Step by Step How To Make Salmon Macaroni Salad
- Grill the salmon for 10-15 minutes.
- Whilst salmon is grilling cook the macaroni in a pan of boiling water as per the packet instructions.
- With the salmon grilling and pasta cooking chop the onion and red pepper.
- Flake the salmon into a large bowl with the dressing ingredients and onion and red pepper.
- Add frozen peas to cooked pasta pot. Once cooked drain and combine with all ingredients in the large bowl.
- Season to taste and serve!
Why This Healthy Salmon Pasta Salad Is Good For You
- A great source of healthy fats, particularly Omega-3.
- A good source of vitamins and minerals.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Reduces the risk of colon, prostate and kidney cancers.
- Maintains healthy skin and hair.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Pasta Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Honey mustard turkey pasta salad uses a really simple dressing which adds a whole lot of flavour to this recipe and it’s one that is versatile enough for you to use in your own pasta salad recipes too!
- Chicken pasta salad with tomato vinaigrette is just the thing when you’re looking for a quick healthy meal. It’s ideal as either a lunch or a dinner option!
- Tuna pasta and sweetcorn salad makes for a perfect quick healthy meal. Made with a low calorie dressing and packed with delicious fresh salad ingredients its also great as a packed lunch option too.
Salmon Macaroni Salad Recipe
This salmon macaroni salad is a great meal to make in the the morning and have ready just to serve for an evening meal.
Keep your pasta salad in the fridge until required but take it out to allow it to come to room temperature for a little bit and stir well before serving.
It should last for up to 2 days in the fridge. I do not recommend freezing.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Salmon Macaroni Salad Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 250 g macaroni
- 240 g salmon fillets
- 1 small red onion finely chopped.
- ½ red pepper diced.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise
- 100 g frozen peas
- Salt and freshly grated pepper
- Put the salmon fillets on a lightly greased baking tray, place under the grill and cook for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Begin to cook the macaroni in a pan of boiling water as per the packet instructions.
- Whilst the salmon and macaroni are cooking quickly chop the red onion and red pepper.
- Remove any skin from the salmon, flake the meat and mix in a large bowl with the onion and pepper. Stir in the mustard, lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Approximately 2 minutes before the end of the macaroni cooking add the frozen peas into the same pot.
- When the pasta and peas are cooked, drain well then tip the macaroni and peas into the salmon mayonnaise bowl. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Season to taste.
- Serve warm. Or serve cold. If putting in the fridge until later be sure to remove so the pasta can return to room temperature.