No-bake black cherry chocolate cheesecake is a deliciously decadent but easy to make cheesecake recipe. This is the ideal holiday dessert!
Folks if you still haven’t decided on your Christmas dessert may I suggest this fabulous no-bake black cherry chocolate cheesecake?
Its made from a thick chocolate bourbon biscuit base. Then topped with a delicious chocolate flavoured cheesecake filling and finally it’s smothered with black cherry conserve.
It looks difficult to make, but its not and I promise you’re going to love it!
I originally made the cheesecake base from digestive biscuits but Lady Lynne suggested it might be better with a chocolate biscuit base. She was right!
If you can’t get chocolate bourbon biscuits to make the base then chocolate sandwich biscuits or Oreos would be the ideal substitute.
However, you can still just make the base from a digestive biscuits (graham crackers for those of you in the U.S.) if you prefer!
The taste of this chocolate cherry cheesecake is amazing! It can only be described as “chocolate heaven”.
The delicious soft chocolate base goes so well together with the chocolate cheese filling. The black cherry jam (shop bought) is a delicious and simple topping meaning there’s no further work needed to the cheesecake.
The only work needed on this cheesecake after its made is for you to work your way through it and that’s no difficult task! 😉
For This No-Bake Black Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake You May Need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the deep round cake tin with loose base that I use in the making of this cheesecake and many of my other cheesecakes too.
It’s easy to push the base up slowly keeping the shape of the cheesecake with this cake tin. When you’re removing it prior to serving.
I also find it easier to use with my no bake cheesecake recipes than cakes tins that clip together at the side. Those I find are better for baked cheesecakes!
If you enjoyed this no-bake black cherry chocolate cheesecake recipe and you’re looking for some other delicious cheesecake recipes then check out my Tiramisu Cheesecake or my No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Merry Christmas Folks!
Folks, I hope you enjoy this no-bake black cherry chocolate cheesecake recipe.
Not only that, I hope you enjoy your time with family and friends over the Christmas period.
I’m taking a week off to enjoy the festive period myself with my family and friends and I’ll be back in the New Year!
Have a good one! 😀
[click_to_tweet tweet=”No-bake black cherry chocolate cheesecake is a deliciously decadent but easy to make cheesecake recipe. This is the ideal holiday dessert!” quote=”No-bake black cherry chocolate cheesecake is a deliciously decadent but easy to make cheesecake recipe. This is the ideal holiday dessert!”]
No-Bake Black Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
This no-bake black cherry chocolate cheesecake proves that decadent doesn’t have to be complicated!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 200 g chocolate bourbon biscuits*
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 100 g plain chocolate
- 300 g reduced fat soft cream cheese
- 60 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 ml double cream
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Jar black cherry spread / jam
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
Blitz the bourbon biscuits to a crunchy crumb consistency either in a food processor or place in a bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan, then stir in the crushed biscuits.
- Press the biscuits into the bottom of the greased cake tin, ensuring all of the bottom is covered evenly, then place the tin into the fridge for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and allow it to cool slightly, but not to solidify.
- Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Whip the double cream until you have soft peaks and then stir in the cooled chocolate and cocoa powder.
Fold the cream cheese mixture into the cream mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling over the biscuit base and smooth out.
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours. If you can make this the day before and chill overnight, then even better.
- Before serving, remove cheesecake from fridge for 10 minutes and place the base on top of a can and gradually pull the sides of the tin down. Slip the cake onto a serving plate, remove the greaseproof paper and top with the cherry spread / jam.
*Use Oreos or chocolate sandwich biscuits if you can't get bourbon biscuits.