This no bake mint chocolate chip cheesecake tastes just like mint chocolate chip ice cream. It’s delicious, decadent and creamy tasting and you will not be disappointed!
Not only is this no bake mint chocolate chip cheesecake all minty and amazing, it’s also so easy to make.
It’s the perfect no bake cheesecake!
Folks, thanks for dropping into Neil’s Healthy Meals for another one of my famous cheesecake recipes.
Let me just do the usual disclaimer here for our new friends who might be wondering why such a sumptuous cheesecake is found on a quick healthy meals website!
Here at Neil’s Healthy Meals I promote and advocate the 80/20 rule for eating.
The rule means that for as long as you eat healthily for 80% of the time and have a regular exercise routine, then for the other 20% of the time you can afford to indulge in indulgent pleasures. Just like this amazing mint chocolate chip cheesecake!
OK, so with the explanation / disclaimer over and done with, let’s get on with chatting about cheesecake shall we?
So you folks love my no bake cheesecakes.
And I know because they are rarely out of my most popular posts or most pinned recipes.
I think it’s because like me you have a busy life and when you need a great dessert that doesn’t take too much effort, an easy no bake cheesecake is the best option to turn to.
So today, let me introduce you to the latest addition to our growing cheesecake family. This utterly mouthwatering mint chocolate chip cheesecake!
This is the ultimate mint cheesecake for ending those hot summer days, perhaps served at the end of your BBQ party.
Just like how you might serve a big serving of mint chocolate chip ice cream to your guests, to cleanse the palate.
But this time you’ve something really special to impress those dinner guests with!
How To Make This No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- We start off by preparing a rich dark crunchy chocolate biscuit base. I’ve used chocolate bourbon biscuits but if you can’t get them then similar dark chocolate biscuits will do.
- On top of that base is gently placed the creamy minty tasting sweet cheesecake mixture.
- Within that cheesecake mixture are little hidden chocolate chips. These are guaranteed to give your guests an even bigger pleasant surprise as they savour each mouthful.
- And on top of the cheesecake mixture, a further scattering of chocolate chips. Watch them disappear as they sink into the cheesecake mixture as it melts! Eat it before they all vanish!
- Let this cheesecake chill as long as you can. It’s best to make it 6 – 8 hours before you want to serve it or up to a full day ahead if you can!
So whilst it’s chilling let me tell you about last weekend…..
Les Miserables Weekend Break in London
Lady Lynne and I enjoyed a fantastic wee break in London last weekend.
We were celebrating our 5 year engagement anniversary as well as my birthday.
What a fantastic view towards Tower Bridge (above) which we saw whilst walking up the Thames footpath to see the show Les Miserables at The Queens theatre.
It’s always nice to get away and see other sights isn’t it?
Talking of getting away, I’m still putting together that post I promised of how we manage to budget our trips away.
It’s called “10 ways to make your holiday spending stretch further“, and it should be up in a few weeks!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other No Bake Cheesecake Recipes For You To Try
- The easiest ever no bake blueberry cheesecake is the only blueberry cheesecake you will ever need. This is as quick and easy as cheesecake recipes get. No matter what the season is this cheesecake is perfect for all occasions!
- No bake chocolate orange cheesecake. Smooth and luxurious; delicious and indulgent but remarkably simple to make. Perfect for Christmas or dinner parties!
- Easy no-bake mini egg Easter cheesecake is the perfect Easter cheesecake recipe! A delicious biscuit base topped with cream cheese and decorated with mini eggs. Kids and big kids alike will love this!
No Bake Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Folks, Lady Lynne and I think this easy no bake mint chocolate cheesecake is to die for!
This mint cheesecake is particularly good at Christmas. It’s so freshing to enjoy after that large Christmas dinner. Despite feeling full there always seems to be room left for it!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 200 g Chocolate Bourbon biscuits
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 300 ml reduced fat double cream
- 300 g reduced fat cream cheese
- 120 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 tsp green food colouring
- 200 g dark chocolate chips
- Crush the biscuits by placing them all in a bag and bashing them up to a breadcrumb consistency using a rolling pin, or use a food processor.
- Gently melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat and stir in the crushed biscuits, ensuring they absorb all of the melted butter.
- Grease a round loose bottom 15cm/6" cake tin, and place a piece of greaseproof paper around the bottom so it overlaps slightly and goes up the side of the tin for about 1cm.
- Empty the biscuit butter mixture into the cake tin, and press down ensuring all the base is covered evenly with the mixture. Then pop into the fridge for at least one hour.
- Either using a hand whisk or in a stand mixer beat the cream until stiff, then gently fold in the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, green food colouring and 90g of the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the entire cheesecake mixture on top of the biscuit base and chill for at least 6 – 8 hours, or best overnight if you can.
- Decorate with the remaining chocolate chips prior to serving.