This red pepper and rosemary bulgur wheat salad is just the thing for a simple, quick healthy meal. Delicious hot or cold, it keeps you fuller for longer satisfying your hunger.
A bulgur what salad is just the thing for a healthy lunch box option.
Especially when you’re looking for something a bit different from your normal traditional packed lunch!
The recipe takes just half an hour to make and leaves you with four healthy, wholesome portions of a fantastically tasty bulgur wheat salad.
Healthy, wholesome, low calorie and providing nearly 50% of your daily recommended dietary fibre requirement.
I can’t think of any more reasons NOT to have this recipe as one of your quick healthy meal options! Can you?
If you’ve not heard of bulgur wheat before, it’s a chewy and nutty-tasting Middle Eastern whole wheat grain.
It’s not only delicious and healthy but rich in vitamins and minerals and low in fat and calories too!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Healthy Whole Grain Recipes You Might Also Like
- Bulgur chickpea salad has a lovely creamy yogurt and fresh herb dressing, and combined with all the fresh ingredients it makes such a nutritious, filling dish.
- The best tabbouleh couscous recipe is delicious served with flat breads and hummus or as an accompaniment to grilled chicken or fish.
Red Pepper And Rosemary Bulgur Wheat Recipe
You can find bulgur wheat in most supermarkets near the pasta and rice section.
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Red Pepper and Rosemary Bulgur Wheat Salad
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 300 g bulgur wheat
- 450 ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 red pepper diced
- 6 spring onions sliced
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- Salt and pepper to season
- Place bulgur wheat in a small saucepan
- Add the hot vegetable stock, cover with a lid and simmer over a medium heat for 12 – 15 minutes until the bulgur wheat is tender and has absorbed all of the stock
- Combine the cooked bulgur wheat with the rosemary, red pepper and spring onions
- Serve on a bed of mixed salad leaves