Bulgur chickpea salad has a lovely creamy yogurt and fresh herb dressing. Combined with all the fresh ingredients it makes such a nutritious, filling dish.
So Folks, I’m tentatively venturing back out into salad territory here with this bulgur chickpea salad.
You know it actually hit double digits (10 degrees) temperature wise here yesterday.
So maybe this perfect lunch (or dinner) salad is willing that temperature upwards!
U.K. readers you’ll find bulgur wheat in most of our mainstream supermarkets in the wholefood section. 🙂
Gluten free friends, please just replace the bulgur wheat with quinoa.
It’s perfectly versatile that way.
I just chose bulgur wheat because I had it left over in my cupboard and sometimes I feel that it’s a bit more “substantial” when you’re hungry.
Not to say that there’s anything wrong with quinoa, I just liked this recipe better with bulgur wheat!
I’ll stop before I dig myself any deeper into the hole with all you quinoa lovers!
For this Bulgur Salad You May Need……
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Red pepper and rosemary bulgur wheat salad is just the thing for a simple, quick healthy meal. Delicious hot or cold, it keeps you fuller for longer satisfying your hunger.
- Mediterranean chickpea salad is an easy, budget and vibrant salad simply bursting with flavour. This is the perfect all year round salad to remind you of sunny days and warm climates even though it may not be the same outside!
- Feta and lemon quinoa salad is a deliciously fresh tasting gluten free vegetarian healthy lunch option. Packed full of nutritional goodness this low cost salad is quick and easy to prepare.
Bulgur Chickpea Salad Recipe
This healthy bulgur chickpea salad is ideal for packed lunches and keeps in the fridge for 2 – 3 days.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Bulgur Chickpea Salad
For the Salad:-
- 100 g bulgur wheat
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 400 g can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 80 g cherry tomatoes , quartered
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions topped and tailed and cut into thin strips
For the creamy yogurt and fresh herb dressing:-
- 150 g Greek style yogurt 0% fat
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Make the creamy yogurt dressing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and then refrigerating.
- Put the bulgur wheat and vegetable stock in a saucepan, turn on the heat and allow to simmer for approximately 15 minutes until all the stock is absorbed. Then drain any excess liquid and allow to cool.
- Once the bulgur wheat has cooled, place it in a salad bowl and combine it with the chickpeas and the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Stir in the creamy yogurt dressing, making sure all the salad is coated.
- Serve the salad in bowls on top of salad leaves of your own choice. We like herb salad as it goes with the dressing.