Mediterranean breakfast egg muffins are a delicious and healthy way to start your weekend. This simple, versatile vegetarian recipe is low carb, packed with protein, glutenfree and low in calories too!
We love these tasty breakfast egg muffins as our Saturday brunch, regularly having them on return from our weekend workout.
That’s because this quick healthy meal will allow you to get on with enjoying your weekend, perfectly full!
You know how it is. You really don’t want to spend ages contemplating what you’re going to eat do you?
Making sure you’re getting a sufficient healthy “fill-up”. Before you go out and spend your own weekend free time doing what you want.
Nor do you want what you’ve eaten all week for breakfast?
No, neither do we. We want something a bit special. A healthy mediterranean breakfast!
So that’s why I created this easy Mediterranean breakfast recipe.
These breakfast egg cups are really easy to make.
You can quickly prep everything the night before. Or in the morning.
Just whisk up the eggs, milk and parmesan cheese together. And pop in the fridge. Then chop up your veg.
We especially love the grated cheddar cheese!
When cooked it goes all gooey over the top of our breakfast egg muffins! However, you could always leave that out if you wanted to make these even lower calorie or as a low calorie breakfast.
So go on and treat yourself this weekend to this tasty low calorie low carb mediterranean breakfast recipe. It’s easy to make and each serving gives you three breakfast egg muffins.
You could always pair this with a lovely fresh tomato salad to bulk it up further.
Chatting Over Breakfast Egg Muffins
Chatting to you folks here today about this Mediterranean breakfast egg muffins recipe has reminded me.
NEXT weekend Lady Lynne and I will be off for a short weekend break to London!
You know how we both love our holidays and trips away!
Both of us will work a half day next Friday morning. And as we’re fortunate enough to work in the centre of Glasgow, we’re literally 5 minutes from the main railway station.
From Central Station we will catch a direct high speed tilting pendolino train and be in London in just 4 hours!
We plan to arrive just in time for dinner and drinks somewhere. Yet to be decided.
But, as I mentioned in the previous leek, sweet potato and rosemary soup recipe I’ll be on the look out for some new fantastic recipes. Ones that I can re-create for you folks.
Hopefully I can get some great pics of London too.
We’ve got Saturday morning for doing the London tourist thing. Seeing some of the sites. Then we’re going to see The Railway Children.
Well, The Railway Children, the film, was always a favourite. Now we’re going to see it played out LIVE in Kings Cross station, all with a real Steam Engine too!
I’ll just pause here to bring myself down off the ceiling.
I’ll go and lie down now and see you next Tuesday!
Have a great weekend, with these Mediterranean breakfast egg muffins! 😉
For these Mediterranean Breakfast Egg Muffins you may need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the Non-Stick 6-Cup Muffin Tray that I use in the making of these breakfast muffins.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Breakfast Egg Recipes You Might Also Like
- Healthy eggs benedict. Here, the delicious and classic eggs benedict has been given a healthy makeover. A creamy yogurt hollandaise sauce replaces butter with lean turkey bacon and home made lower fat English muffins.
- Quick healthy breakfast burritos are the perfect start to the weekend. Made in one pan this delicious filling combination of vegetables, eggs and cheese takes hardly any time at all to make
- Indian scrambled eggs made the healthy way! You will be amazed that just a few tweaks and spices added to a traditional scrambled egg recipe can produce this healthy, top weekend breakfast recipe.
Anyway, enjoy these egg muffins. 😉
Watch the short video I made to show you how to make these simple Mediterranean Breakfast Egg Muffins. It shows you how easy it really is!
Mediterranean Breakfast Egg Muffins Recipe
Try your own combination of veg here too. This is a great recipe for using up those leftovers!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe if you like it! 🙂
Mediterranean Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Cooking oil spray
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 35 g leek finely chopped
- 25 g baby spinach finely chopped
- ¼ red pepper finely chopped
- 1 tomato chopped and seeds removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 25 g low fat grated cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 190C fan
- Spray a 6 cup aluminium / silicon muffin tin with cooking spray
- Whisk the eggs, milk and parmesan cheese together in a pouring jug, season a little
- Mix all the finely chopped vegetables into a bowl, then portion into the 6 muffin cups
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup, making sure there's an equal amount in all 6 muffin cups. Mix it in with the chopped vegetables
- Divide the grated cheddar cheese topping between the 6 muffin cups
- Bake in the centre of the oven until egg is set for about 15 to 20 minutes