Baked sweet potato with feta and orange is a delicious quick healthy meal. The feta and orange filling compliments the baked sweet potato so well. Great served with a simple bistro salad!
This baked sweet potato with feta and orange is one of my new recipes I’ve saved for posting over the next two weeks whilst I volunteer at the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
In fact I know it’s going to be challenging to do any cooking whatsoever with all the different shifts I’m covering!
So our weekly menu planner is completely made up of food and recipes ALREADY made and frozen!
But this baked sweet potato with feta and orange is a fresh and quick meal, easily put together.
Commonwealth Games Update
So, I completed my first volunteer shift yesterday (14.00 to 00.30) at Celtic Park for the final dress rehearsal ahead of the actual opening ceremony which is tomorrow.
I’ll be volunteering at the opening ceremony from 15.30 to 01:00. I was so lucky that I was ushering spectators to their seats at one of the highest parts of the stadium, where the view of the show is amazing! I was told we had 30,000 spectators yesterday.
But, tomorrow there will be 44,000 spectators as well as the estimated 1.5billion television viewers. Hence several dress rehearsals to get it right!
I’m not allowed currently to post any venue related photographs as the content of the show is still top secret, but when I am, I will, and if the weather holds out (which the forecasters say it should) then I hope that the images will really show how impressive the venue, the show, and the backdrop of the city, behind the stadium is!
And get this, we are enjoying a rare but very welcome Glasgow heat wave (23 degrees today woo hoo!).
That is going to make for a very happy welcoming Commonwealth city to all the thousands of spectators and athletes, so long may it continue!
I had 2 soup recipes ready to post this week but I’ve put them to the side, for now, in favour of this more summery salad option of my baked sweet potato with feta and orange!
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 100 g low fat feta cheese
- 2 spring onions , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A bag of bistro salad
- 1 green pepper , sliced
- 1 tomato , chopped
- 2 inch piece cucumber , sliced
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 180 fan.
- Wrap the potatoes in tin foil and place directly onto the oven middle oven shelf.
- Prepare the rest of the dish whilst the potato is cooking. Crumble the feta cheese into a small dish, mix in the spring onion, olive oil and orange juice.
- Toast the cumin seeds in a small saucepan and allow to cool.
- Add the cooled cumin seeds to the feta and orange mixture and place in the fridge.
- Arrange the salad onto plates.
- Cut the potatoes in half and spoon the feta and orange mixture into the potato.
- Garnish with the parsley.
Thanks for continuing to read and to follow me.
I hope to update next, with those photographs and another recipe on Thursday or Friday!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.