This is Indian scrambled eggs or Anda Bhurji made the healthy way! An easy and delicious breakfast which can be on the table in just 30 minutes!
Folks, you’re going to love this Indian scrambled eggs (or Anda Bhurji as it’s known in India) recipe.
Indian scrambled eggs are one of my favourite weekend breakfasts.
This alternative eggs breakfast makes for a really nice and different scrambled egg option for Saturday or Sunday mornings.
Known in India also as these spicy scambled eggs are different from the Western worlds well known scrambled egg breakfast.
In this Indian eggs recipe an onion, tomato, chillies and spices are added which absolutely tantalises the tastebuds. I seriously recommend this dish!
Use 4 eggs and a large tomato for 2 people but keep the rest of the quantities the same.
For This Indian Scrambled Eggs You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Non stick frying pan
- Kitchen scale
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knives
- Measuring spoons
- Pyrex mixing glass bowl
I use this glass bowl from Pyrex. As you can see it’s relatively inexpensive.
It’s oven safe and scratch resistant too.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Healthy Egg Breakfasts For You To Try
- Healthy eggs benedict. Here, the delicious and classic eggs benedict has been given a healthy makeover. A creamy yogurt hollandaise sauce replaces butter with lean turkey bacon and home made lower fat English muffins.
- You’ll love these delicious chorizo and egg breakfast burritos. They’re quick to make and stuffed with bags of flavour from a tasty chorizo sausage, mushroom and egg combination.
- Smashed avocado and poached eggs on muffins is the perfect healthy breakfast or brunch recipe. Not only that it’s super quick and made completely from scratch!
- Vegetable scrambled eggs are a delicious and healthy way to start your day. This quick and easy dish is also a great way to use up any leftover veggies!
Indian Scrambled Eggs Recipe
I quite like my Indian scrambled eggs served with some rye crisp breads or a piece of wholemeal toast but that choice is yours.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Indian Scrambled Eggs
- Low calorie oil spray
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste*
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Finely chopped fresh coriander
- Have a freshly boiled kettle of water ready to the side.
- Spray the bottom of a non-stick frying pan with 5 sprays of the oil spray. Turn the heat up high until the spray begins to bubble on the surface of the pan, and then turn down the heat to a medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and move them about in the pan to toast them and then add a splash of hot water.
- Add the diced onion and stir constantly, for about 5 minutes, until it is softened adding drops of hot water if it sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste, chopped tomato, green chillies, salt and turmeric to the pan. Stir constantly for 2 – 3 minutes adding drops of hot water if the mixture sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the beaten eggs and cook, stirring constantly until the eggs are scrambled and cooked.
- Remove from the heat, garnish with the fresh coriander and serve.