Banana cinnamon overnight oats is a delicious easy to make healthy breakfast. Bananas, cinnamon and oats are combined creating a time saving protein-packed breakfast!
Hey Folks! If you’re like me and always busy then these tasty banana cinnamon overnight oats are just the breakfast for you.
Why? Well this banana oats breakfast takes just 10 minutes to make prior to bed!
Then when you stumble into the kitchen in the morning thinking of your hectic day ahead, you don’t have to stress about making breakfast.
This breakfast is one that is already waiting for you in the fridge. Plus it doesn’t need any heating up!
For those of you who don’t have time to eat breakfast prior to leaving the house for your work, this is your ideal grab and go breakfast.
Just have this healthy banana overnight oats breakfast stored in a sealable container, grab it from the fridge and go.
Enjoy this at your work, or even after your gym workout.
Remember it’s always best to start the day with a good nutritious and healthy breakfast.
This healthy banana cinnamon overnight oats breakfast will ensure you get that very best start.
Any of course as you’ve made it yourself from healthy wholesome ingredients you know it’s much better for you than something you might just grab as a convenience breakfast!
Why This Banana Cinnamon Overnight Oats Breakfast Recipe Is Good For You
- Adding a banana gives the breakfast a natural sweetness. Bananas also contain potassium which helps to keep your blood pressure in check.
- The cinnamon has positive affects on the bodies enzymes helping to make you feel more energized throughout the day.
- Oats are a complex carbohydrate they take longer to digest meaning that you will feel fuller for longer!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
So folks, this and my last recipe, the healthy spring stir-fry vegetables one has been published in the hope we’re all enjoying some warmer spring weather! Are you?
Next Thursday’s recipe pesto chicken tagliatelle can be enjoyed all year round.
As I write these recipe posts a week before publishing them I thought next week’s recipe best in case we’ve all descended back into deep winter again! Ha ha!
You never can tell nowadays can you? 😉
Banana Cinnamon Overnight Oats Recipe
Why not add some chopped nuts like almonds or hazelnuts and mix them in before eating for a bit of “crunch” in your tasty banana oats breakfast?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Banana Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 1 ripe banana chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 180 ml skimmed milk
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 40 g porridge oats
- 2 tbsp raisins or sultanas
- Extra banana slices
- Place the banana, maple syrup, milk and cinnamon in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the liquid mixture to a bowl, combine with the yogurt, oats and raisins. Cover the bowl and put in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning spoon the mixture into a breakfast / serving bowl and top with the extra banana slices.