Pesto chicken tagliatelle is a fantastic 20-minute budget recipe just bursting with flavour. This easy pasta dinner makes for a comforting and filling weeknight family meal!
You know folks when I think of comfort food what always comes first to mind is pasta.
I mean don’t you agree that pasta is just the ultimate comfort food?
It’s filling, easy to make, and is always perfect for dinner.
It’s tagliatelle pasta that’s particularly suitable for this delicious pesto chicken tagliatelle recipe!
This creamy chicken pesto pasta is particularly suitable as a quick healthy weeknight dinner.
It doesn’t take a lot of time and nor is it drowning in lots of cream sauce either. So that’s why this chicken tagliatelle is healthier!
I mean don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love creamy tagliatelle chicken pasta dishes made with full cream but I prefer to save those for when I’m out enjoying dinner at a real Italian restaurant.
At home I don’t tend to cook with cream (except for when it’s in my desserts 😉 ).
But that doesn’t mean that I don’t want my home cooked chicken with tagliatelle pasta dishes to be just as flavoursome and delicious as eating out.
So I use crème fraîche as a substitute. It adds a healthier base to this chicken tagliatelle’s sauce and when mixed with the pesto it still gives a delicious creamy texture and taste to this dish so you’re definitely not loosing out.
This is one tasty chicken tagliatelle recipe that I know you’ll want to book mark for those nights you don’t have enough time or just can’t be bothered!
You can make it in 5 easy steps……
5 Steps To Make This Pesto Chicken Tagliatelle
- Get the tagliatelle simmering away on the stove.
- Sauté the chicken then add the tomatoes to soften them and add a delicious sweetness.
- Stir in the pesto and crème fraîche to make the dish nice and creamy.
- Mix in the cooked tagliatelle coating it well in the creamy sauce.
- Divide the pesto tagliatelle between plates and garnish with parmesan and freshly copped basil. Bellissimo!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Tagliatelle Pasta Recipes You Might Also Like
- Tagliatelle with home-made pesto recipe is a step by step guide for how to make your own tagliatelle and your own home-made pesto. Impress your friends and dinner guests with your culinary skills with this simple, rustic Italian dish.
- Crème fraîche tagliatelle chicken dinner recipe is a delicious fusion of chicken and vegetables cooked in low fat crème fraiche.
- Low fat tagliatelle carbonara is a lighter version of the traditional classic Italian pasta dish. Ready in just 30 minutes, this healthier recipe is the perfect weeknight low fat dinner.
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Well its taken me a bit of time to get this next one to you, seeing as I first mentioned it in the vegan mixed bean curry recipe last year!
You see it was another one of the delicious vegan curries than Lynne and I experienced whilst on holiday in Zanzibar last September!
Yes the curry coming next week is a re-creation of the aubergine and sweet potato curry. It’s really really tasty!
Talking of holidays, I wonder what recipe inspiration will come to me when we head off on The Cumbria Way at the end of this month……
Pesto Chicken Tagliatelle Recipe
Although I used tagliatelle pasta for this pesto chicken tagliatelle recipe you could easily use penne pasta instead or any pasta you have on hand.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Pesto Chicken Tagliatelle
- 250 g Tagliatelle
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 400 g diced chicken breasts
- 220 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 tbsp green pesto*
- 4 tbsp reduced fat crème fraiche
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan and chopped fresh basil to serve
- Cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions.
- Whilst the tagliatelle is cooking, gently heat the oil in a large pan / skillet then add the chicken and stir fry for 6 - 7 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and stir them in with the chicken until they begin to soften. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the pesto and creme fraiche. Return the pan to the heat and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. Season to taste.
- Once tagliatelle is cooked, drain it well and add it to the pan with the chicken. Mix well so the sauce coats the pasta.
- Serve topped with parmesan and fresh basil.