Cheesy kale and Quorn casserole. Delicious and easy to make this vegetarian protein packed meal is a great way to get kids to eat their greens!
Folks, you're going to love this tasty cheesy kale and quorn casserole.
Prepared, cooked and ready to serve in just an hour it serves up to six people.
This casserole is made meat free by using Quorn. It's packed with healthy kale and flavoured with a rich tomato garlic, oregano and thyme sauce.
Topped with cheese and then baked, this casserole tastes just amazing!
Now if you’re a subscriber to the blog (details of how to subscribe further down) you’ll know that I’ve already created a number of other really popular Quorn mince recipes like my Quorn meatballs.
We find Quorn such a fantastic substitute for beef mince, and as my other half and I try to eat by our 80:20 rule reducing our consumption of red meat, Quorn helps to fill that gap.
So if you too are looking to reduce your overall red meat consumption, then this vegetarian cheesy kale and quorn casserole recipe will help you to do just that!
Plus if you’re watching your weight, at only 157 calories per serving (excluding any side dishes) you've come to the right place!
Let's be honest too folks.
However, here in this cheesy kale and quorn casserole, the rich flavours and spices in the sauce make the kale very tasty indeed.
So that means that kids and us adults too can be sure of getting a good helping of green vegetables with this tasty dish!
WHY USE QUORN MINCE?
- Quorn products are made from Mycoprotein which is a nutritionally healthy protein source, discovered more than 40 years ago.
- Mycoprotein is a type of fungi which is produced by a fermentation process similar to that used for yeast in bread.
- Quorn is meat free, low in saturated fat and high in fibre.
- As Quorn is “cooked” during the process it’s being made, it requires very little cooking time. Making it an ideal quick healthy meal ingredient.
- Swapping to Quorn can help you reduce your meat intake meaning it's better for the environment overall too!
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
My Other Quorn Meat Free Recipes You Might Also Like
- Homemade Quorn burgers. These tasty homemade Quorn burgers are really easy to make and an ideal vegetarian meat substitute for you or your vegetarian friends cooked on your stove, or on your BBQ.
- Easy homemade Quorn lasagne is delicious. This vegetarian Quorn mince recipe serves up to six people. Making it a great meat free meal for entertaining.
- Quorn pasta bolognese bake takes just under an hour to prepare and can serve up to six people. Packed with healthy wholegrain fusilli pasta and vegetables. Then topped with a light cheesy crust you can bet it’s a bake all the family will love!
Cheesy Kale And Quorn Casserole Recipe
This casserole is quite filling on its own so I just serve it with some rice but you could easily serve it with a green side salad too.
You can keep any leftovers in the fridge, covered for a couple of days. Any longer than that and I would recommend portioning up into individual containers and freezing.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Cheesy Kale and Quorn Casserole Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion diced.
- 2 cloves garlic crushed.
- 1 medium sized carrot coarsely grated.
- ½. teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 300 g Quorn mince
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 150 g chopped fresh kale stalks removed leaves only.
- 200 g half fat grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and freshly grated pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180C fan.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the onion and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and grated carrot and sauté, stirring for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the herbs, cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the Quorn mince, stir around for about 2 minutes then add the tomatoes, tomato puree and stock.
- Add the kale in batches to the mixture, cooking it until it wilts.
- Bring the mixture up to the boil and turn down to simmer for about 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat.
- Stir in half of the grated cheese until well combined then season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Transfer the contents into a casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbling on top.