These easy lemon cupcakes take just 30 minutes to make and taste delicious. Moist and bursting with lemon flavours they’re also made with no butter!
These easy lemon cupcakes are amongst my favourite cupcake recipes to make.
They’re so tasty and lemony that one may just not be enough but that’s OK because they’re only 144 calories each too.
Just like my lighter lemon loaf cake I’ve used Greek yogurt and no butter helping to make these into healthier lemon cupcakes!
Every bite of these easy lemon cupcakes has a refreshing citrus flavor.
Each cake has an amazing soft and tender texture.
Plus the topping isn’t some fancy buttercream from a piping bag making it look like something out of a bakery.
Forgive me folks but I’m no artist!
Nope its just lemon juice and icing sugar mixed together.
You see these are just easy home baked lemon cupcakes. Easy for kids to make and for adults not to stress over!
You DO NOT need an electric mixer to make these.
It’s just two bowls. One for the dry ingredients and one for the wet ingredients.
The wet ingredients are folded into the dry ingredients to create a batter which is then spooned into the paper cases and baked.
Let the cupcakes cool a little, then spoon the lemon icing over. Easy!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Delicious Lemon Baked Recipes You Might Also Like!
- Lemon blueberry yogurt cake is an easy healthy Greek yogurt cake recipe. Delicious, moist and fluffy. This loaf cake is just packed full of blueberry and lemony goodness!
- Easy lemon cheesecake squares have a delicious crunchy ginger base and a lemony cream cheese topping. They are the perfect light melt in your mouth dessert.
- Lemon oat cookies are a delicious and simple bake with an amazing fresh lemon taste. Made with oats, wholemeal flour, coconut oil and lemon you’ll love this healthier cookie recipe!
Easy Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
Make sure you use the juice and zest of an actual lemon in the cake batter. I do not recomment using bottled lemon juice here, your cakes will not taste particularly lemony.
However you can use bottled lemon juice for the icing part.
Keep your lemon cupcakes sealed in a container for up to three days. I don’t recommend keeping them in the fridge or freezing them.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Lemon Cupcakes
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
For the cupcakes: -
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 50 ml no fat Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of one lemon
For the topping: -
- 100 g icing sugar.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
For the cupcakes: -
- Preheat oven to 180C (Fan) and line a 12-hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour and baking powder then add the sugar.
- In a smaller glass Pyrex mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, yogurt and zest and juice of lemon together.
- Using a plastic spatula gradually fold the wet egg mixture into the dry flour mixture to make a batter.
- Spoon the mixture equally between the 12 paper cases.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the cupcakes have risen and are golden brown. Check they are fully cooked inside by inserting a toothpick into one and ensuring it comes out clean,
- Transfer the cupcakes onto a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
For the topping: -
- Once cupcakes have cooled, sift the icing sugar in a bowl and mix it with the lemon juice.
- Top each muffin with approximately ½ tsp. icing then allow the icing to set.