How to make homemade Quorn burgers. These tasty homemade Quorn burgers are really easy to make and an ideal vegetarian meat substitute for you or your vegetarian friends cooked on your stove, or on your BBQ.
These homemade Quorn burgers are so good that they were shared by Quorn themselves, to all their followers on their Facebook page. Thank you to Quorn for that endorsement of my recipe!
And I’m convinced that you too will love these burgers. They taste absolutely amazing AND they’re only 270 calories each!
That’s the thing about Quorn. Not only is it a fantastic healthy vegetarian alternative to meat but it’s also really versatile.
We have made efforts to reduce to a minimum the amount of red meat that we eat in our diets.
We try to eat as close as possible to a Mediterranean diet. A diet which is rich in vegetables and fruits. It also includes a low intake of meat.
Quorn is something that we use often to substitute for red meat. That’s where the idea for this meat free burger recipe came about.
If you haven’t tried Quorn yet, then I recommend you should.
It’s really good for you. It’s high in protein so you’re not loosing out on the protein you would normally get from a meat burger!
I’ve made this recipe both with and without the chilli. We prefer that little bit of heat the chilli gives. That’s our personal preference as noted in the recipe itself.
Feel free to leave the chilli out, particularly if you are making these with children in mind.
Since making this Quorn recipe I’ve been making lots of other Quorn mince recipes. Some of which you might also want to check out from this list:-
Love My Homemade Quorn Burgers? Then Try These Other Quorn Recipes!
- Quorn meatballs – This recipe and video shows you how to make tasty Quorn meatballs in under one hour. Baked in the oven and with a delicious tomato sauce this is an excellent meat free weeknight family meal!
- Easy homemade Quorn lasagne is delicious. This vegetarian Quorn mince recipe serves up to six people. Making it a great meat free meal for entertaining.
- Vegetarian Quorn Cottage Pie – full of veggie goodness and flavour. If you’re watching your weight or just looking for a delicious meat free quick healthy meal this fits that bill perfectly.
- Quorn Pasta Bolognese Bake – packed with healthy wholegrain fusilli pasta, vegetables and spices then topped with a cheesy crust you can bet it’s a bake all the family will love!
For These Quorn Burgers You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Non stick frying pan
- Measuring spoons
- Kitchen knives
- Kitchen scale
- Chopping board
- Wooden spoon
- Large mixing bowl
And watch the short video I made to show you how to make these delicious homemade quorn burgers. It shows you how easy it really is!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Homemade Quorn Burgers Recipe
The other suggestion I’ll make for these homemade Quorn burgers is, after cooking in the pan, you can easily then place the burgers under a grill, top them with cheese and grill them until the cheese is melted.
I’ll confess to you here that I forgot to buy the cheese to do that and to show you in the recipe photographs. But hey, it’s not necessary and without cheese means these are altogether even healthier!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Homemade Quorn Burgers
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- 1 small red chilli finely diced (optional)
- 300 g Quorn mince, frozen
- 75 g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 medium sized eggs beaten
- ½ tsp mild chilli powder optional
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Burger buns with iceberg Lettuce, slices of tomatoes and cucumber to serve
- Heat the tsp. olive oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion, garlic and chilli and gently sauté together, stirring continuously to avoid burning for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Quorn mince and stir everything together for about 5 minutes until the mince mixture is quite wet, then remove the pan from the heat to allow the mixture to cool a little to be able to be handled.
- In a mixing bowl combine the mince mixture, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, chilli powder, chopped coriander and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 4 burger patties, coat very lightly with the plain flour and rest, covered in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the tbsp. olive oil in the frying pan, and gently cook the burgers on each side until lightly browned.
- Serve the burgers in the burger buns, on top of the iceberg lettuce and slices of cucumber, topped with slices of tomato.