This super easy vegetarian quorn pasta bolognese bake takes just under an hour to prepare and can serve up to six people. Packed with healthy wholegrain fusilli pasta and vegetables. Then topped with a light cheesy crust you can bet it’s a bake all the family will love!
Folks, welcome to my latest Quorn creation, Quorn pasta bolognese bake!
I think you’re just going to love this tasty quorn recipe.
Now if you’re a subscriber to the blog (details of how to subscribe at the bottom) you’ll know that I’ve already created a number of other really popular quorn mince recipes like my homemade quorn burgers.
We find quorn such a fantastic substitute for beef mince and, as Lynne and I try to eat by our 80:20 rule largely omitting red meat, quorn helps to fill that gap.
That being said, please don’t think we’ve anything against red meat at all!
Not at all!
It’s just that we choose to have red meat very occasionally, as they do in the Mediterranean.
The Mediterranean diet being one of the healthiest and proven life prolonging ones there is.
This is a really easy quorn bolognese bake recipe to make.
The bolognese sauce is homemade and just delicious! And so much better than a shop bought jar of the same sauce!
I find the best way to cook quorn mince is to cook it from frozen. So there’s no need to defrost it.
If you want to see how to cook quorn mince then just watch the recipe video included in this post. It’s easy!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Love My Quorn Pasta Bolognese Bake? Then Try These Other Quorn Recipes!
- Quorn meatballs – This recipe and video shows you how to make tasty Quorn meatballs in under one hour. Baked in the oven and with a delicious tomato sauce this is an excellent meat free weeknight family meal!
- Vegetarian Quorn Cottage Pie – full of veggie goodness and flavour. If you’re watching your weight or just looking for a delicious meat free quick healthy meal this fits that bill perfectly.
- Easy homemade Quorn lasagne is delicious. This vegetarian Quorn mince recipe serves up to six people. Making it a great meat free meal for entertaining.
- Cheesy kale and Quorn casserole. Delicious and easy to make this vegetarian protein packed meal is a great way to get kids to eat their greens!
Watch the short video I made to show you how easy it is to make this delicious quorn pasta bolognese bake!
Quorn Pasta Bolognese Bake Recipe
This quorn pasta bolognese bake is great served with a rocket salad and garlic bread.
It’s perfect for all year round family dining and can be easily frozen too.
So I hope you enjoy this tasty healthy quorn pasta bolognese bake as a meat free alternative.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Quorn Pasta Bolognese Bake
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Low fat cooking spray
- 150 g whole wheat fusilli
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 medium sized carrot grated
- ½ tsp fresh basil chopped
- ½. tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 300 g quorn mince
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 130 g frozen peas
- Salt and freshly grated pepper
- 100 g half fat grated cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180C fan.
- Place the fusilli into boiling salted water and cook for 10 – 12 minutes, then drain.
- Whilst the fusilli is cooking, spray the bottom of a medium sized saucepan with the low fat cooking spray, turn the heat on high, then once the oil is bubbling turn the heat down slightly and sauté the onion for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and grated carrot and sauté, stirring for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the herbs, cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the quorn mince, stir around for about 2 minutes then add the tomatoes, tomato puree, stock and peas.
- Season with salt and pepper, bring the mixture up to the boil and turn down to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the drained pasta, heating through then empty the contents into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, allow to cool a little before serving.